Next Steps in SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat)openSAP
What you'll learn on the course
Would you like to stay updated? Subscribe to the SAP HCP Podcast!
Congratulations, you have already taken your first steps with SAP HANA Cloud Platform, and know how to use the various services that the platform provides.
This course will bring you to the next level on how to use SAP HANA Cloud Platform. You'll learn how you can use the platform to develop and manage SAP HANA native apps and HTML5 apps, as well as how to apply advanced security features, develop widgets in SAP HANA Cloud Portal, and much more.
In this course, we develop applications using the Eclipse environment. Creating apps with the recently released SAP Web IDE is beyond the scope of this repeat, but we will give you a brief introduction to the SAP Web IDE in one of the exercises.
To follow all the units, you should have already walked through the openSAP course Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat). The registration, learning content, and the final exam are free of charge.
- Starting from: May 27, 2015, 09:00 UTC. Please check your time zone carefully.
- Duration: 6 weeks (4 - 6 hours per week)
- Final exam: July 8 â€“ 15, 2015
- Course language: English
- How is an openSAP course structured?
- Week 1: SAP HANA Native Development
- Week 2: Git and HTML5 Apps â€“ Part 1
- Week 3: Git and HTML5 Apps â€“ Part 2
- Week 4: Advanced Identity Management
- Week 5: Securing Web APIs
- Week 6: Additional Features
- Week 7: Final Exam
- Participation in the openSAP course Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat)
- Basic programming skills
- Basic knowledge of how to use an Eclipse development environment
If your primary interest in taking this course is getting a technical overview of the development-related capabilities of SAP HANA Cloud Platform, you do not need access to a development system. However, we realize that many of you will be interested in developing your own code, based on the instructions in the course.
To benefit most from this course, you should have completed the openSAP course Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat) and already use a free developer license for SAP HANA Cloud Platform as described in that course. If you did not complete Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat), you can join the course in self-study mode.