Official master's degree in Analytical Philosophy from the Universidad de BarcelonaFrege, Russell, Moore, Wittgenstein, ...
Analytical PhilosophyUB - Universitat de Barcelona. Màsters Oficials
€ 2,790 - (Rs 2,03,182)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Credits: 60
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
This master's degree will train you to deal with subject matter from contemporary philosophy and you will be able to look at technical matters in more depth and apply them to the practical sphere. You will discover the methods of analytical philosophy and you will be able to use them in philosophical formulations. You will learn how to identify and use theories and arguments from practical philosophy and you will develop a critical and analytical view of existing texts. You will also become acquainted with the analytical philosophy of masters such as Frege, Russell Moore y Wittgenstein.
· Who is it intended for?
The Master is targeted at people who have been trained in the field of Humanities or Philosophy and would like to apply these methods of analysis to education or research. The master's degree is in-person and lasts one academic year, the classes are taught mostly in English and partly in Spanish, and you will have access to quality teaching resources.
Official bachelor's degree or equivalent in Humanities, Journalism, Linguistics, Philology, Pyschology, Mathematics, Physics, Biology or similar.
What you'll learn on the course
Concepts of analytical philosophy
Formulation of philosophical proposals
Contemporary theoretical philosophy
Contemporary analytical phiosophers
Contemporary philosophical|terminology|Identification of theories and arguments
Assessment of texts
Methods of analytical philosophy
The curriculum is pending publication. The specific areas of the Master are as follows:
- Learn the concepts and methods that belong to contemporary analytical philosophy and use them in the formulation of a defence for philosophical proposals.
- Identify the central arguments and theories of contemporary theoretical philosophy.
- Identify the central arguments and theories of practical philosophy and of contemporary values.
- Assess the writings of the main contemporary analytical philosophers.
- Identify the ideas lying between the debate and contemporary philosophical search.
- Interpret and assess texts from different ages and traditions.
- Use contemporary philosophical terminology.