Online Course in Diet & NutritionPadmashri Shanmugaraj
- Online campus
- Support service
What you'll learn on the course
Weight Loss Diet
Diet and nutrition
Teachers and trainers (1)
Registered Dietitian with ten years of progressive experience in patient counseling, Corporate Wellness Programs, content writing, Academics as well as Recruitment and Training of dietitians. She holds a Post graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Hospital food Service from IHMCTAN, Mumbai. She has been a topper at both Graduate as well as Post graduate levels. She holds Life Memberships of IDA (Indian Dietetic Association) and IAPEN
The aims and objectives of this course are:
- Understand various stages throughout lifecycle of women
- Describe Nutritional requirements throughout lifecycle.
- Describe the causes and consequences of common nutritional deficiencies in women.
- Inculcate healthy eating patterns and necessary lifestyle changes to maintain a healthy life.
- Describe the Essential Nutrition Actions approach for woman nutrition.
- Provide details and relevant Nutritional measures of various health issues- PMS, Osteoporosis, Anemia at various stages Endocrine problems etc.
- Prioritize the key nutrition behaviors which address the health and nutrition needs of women in vulnerable communities, and to integrate these behaviors into:
- on-going health interventions in facilities and communities,
- on-going interventions in other sectors important for nutrition.
- Practical diet planning at various stages.
· To develop an understanding about the needs and rights of children with emphasis on the socio-cultural context of childhood.
· To understand the development of children from birth.
· To appreciate the health and nutritional needs of young children and to be able to evaluate a diet as regards nutritional adequacy.
· To be able to identify common childhood illnesses, take care of the sick child and take preventive measures.
· To identify children with special needs, be able to take care of their needs within the setting of the child care centre and take preventive action.
· Select the right kinds of food keeping cost in mind and to recognize and identify common illnesses that arise out of eating the wrong types of food.
Course: Certificate Course in Woman & Child Nutrition
Duration: 3 months