P.G. DIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGNINGGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
P.G. DIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGNING
Paper: I Fundamentals of Textile and Fashion Design (Theory)
1. Equipments and supplies used in clothing construction, their use and care with special
reference to sewing machine and its care.
2. Study of anthropometry
3. Drafting and its importance
4. Aesthetics in dress:- elements and principals of design
5. Selection of clothing for following age groups :-
infant, toddler, adoloscent, adult, eldrly
6. Fashion vocabulary
7. Fashion cycle and Factors affecting it
8. Fashion trends and forecasting
9. Fashion centres and fashion designing:- India, World
10. Classification of textile fibres & their properties
11. Brief study of - simple, Norelty, Bulk and textyred yarns.
12. Study of fabric construction - wearing, knitting, felting and bonding
13. Printing - block screen and roller printing.
Paper: II Fashion Illustration & Elements of design (Practical)
1. Basic Figure
2. Model study
3. Sketching of different types of dresses on figures
4. Detailed study in pencil & color with light and shade of different types of folds, gathers
and shades of fabric
5. Accessories :- Jewellery, footwear and Bags
6. Knowledge of colors.
Paper: III Patterns Making and Draping (Practice)
1. Make Standard block from drafted pattern with balances lines, notches, grain indication
2. Preparation of commercial paper patterns for different age groups.
3. Practice on taking measurements from body, block, pattern and readymade garments.
4. Draping methods
a) Draping of basic bodies block - front and back
b) Sleeve block
c) Stylish Neck line & Armhole with variations and adaptations
Paper: IV Garment Construction (Practical)
1. Designing and construction of garments for children
a) casual wear
b) party wear
c) Summer wear
d) winter wear
e) play wear
f) night wear
2. Designing and construction of garments for ladies
a) Ladies shirts & Tops
d) Night Wear
e) Pary wear- Formal Indian Dress/ Evening gown.
Paper: V Textile Printing and CAD (Practical)
a) spray and sponge
c) block printing
d) screen printing
e) tie and dye
a) paint brush
b) Microsoft World
c) Corel Draw