P G Diploma in OphthalmologySuamandeep Vidyapeeth University
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
The subject for study shall be
1. Anatomy and Embryology of Eye including the contents of the orbital bones in relation thereof and the central nervous system as far as it refers to eye.( this includes anatomy of each structure of the eyeball for e.g. – Cornea, Iris, Choroid, Retina, Lens, Vitreous, Lids, etc)
2. Physiology of the Eye – Which includes physiology of vision, optics, binocular vision,Aqueous secretions, tear secretion, metabolism of various structures of the ye like cornea,lens, etc.
3. Various errors of refraction and their principles and optics.
4. Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery (All Diseases related to various structures of the eye for eg– Lid, Adnexa, Conjunctiva, Cornea, Uvea, Lens, Vitreous, Retina,optic Nerve, Extraocularmuscles, Tumors .)
5. Pathology and Bacteriology of the Eye.
6. Relation of ophthalmology to general medicine.
7. Eye Banking and its aspects.
8. National Program for Control of Blindness and its applications in Community Ophthalmology.
9. Various new innovations in Ophthalmology for example like Lasers in Ophthalmology, New
10. Drugs in Ophthalmology, New techniques in operative skills, various transplant surgeries like Keratoplasty, Stem cells transplant, amniotic membrane transplant.
11. Therapeutics in Ophthalmology
12. Radio therapy in Ophthalmology.