P.hd in MLT PathologySardar Bhagwan Singh PG Institute of Biomedical Science
Price on request
P.hd in MLT Pathology
Medical Laboratory Technology aka Clinical Laboratory Medicine is the application of laboratory techniques to find out the cause of a disease. Clinical Laboratory testing is regarded as one of the several important sources of clinical data essential for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of a disease. Clinical Laboratory Medicine involves all aspects of medicine ranging from the fields of hematology, immunology, clinical pathology, histopathology & cytology, blood banking technology, cytogenetics, molecular pathology, biochemistry & microbiology, serology etc.
The purpose and function of laboratorians or lab-technicians through laboratory medicine are to assist clinicians/physicians in
* Confirming or rejecting a diagnosis
* Providing guidelines in patient management
* Detecting disease through case finding or screening
* Establishing a prognosis and
* Monitoring follow-up therapy.
The operation of a clinical laboratory and effective delivery of services to clinicians, patients and public requires a complex inter-digitation of
* Expertise in Medical, scientific and technical areas
* Resources in the form of personnel, laboratory and data processing equipment, supplies and facilities and
* Skills in organization, management and communication.
The increasing cost of medical care mandates that the responsibility of proper and optimal utilization of clinical laboratory falls on the Lab-technicians and physicians, while providing the best service for the patient.
Since Research is an integral part of the fabric of Medical Laboratory Technology; through sustained efforts in research management, new technologies, procedures and diagnostic tests are developed and implemented to provide the highest level of care in patient diagnosis and management. Medical lab Technology, thus, can be viewed as a bridging endeavor linking basic biological and physical sciences with medical principles.