Parallel Programming Concepts (2014)OpenHPI
What you'll learn on the course
he openHPI online course “Parallel Programming Concepts” presents relevant theoretical and practical foundations for parallel programming. We show crucial theoretical ideas such as semaphores and actors, the architecture of modern parallel hardware, different programming models such as task parallelism, message passing and functional programming, and several patterns and best practices.
The course is suitable for all participants who are interested in getting a broader overview of parallelism, especially beyond the usage of multiple threads. Participants should have knowledge in at least one programming language - other skills are not necessary.
- Week 1:Terminology and fundamental concepts
- Week 2:Shared Memory Parallelism - Basics
- Week 3:Shared memory parallelism – Programming
- Week 4:Accelerators
- Week 5:Distributed memory parallelism
- Week 6:Patterns, best practices and examples