PG Degree in AnatomyMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
PG Degree in Anatomy
To prepare the postgraduate student to become an exemplary teacher and a
research scientist par excellence. To achieve this goal, the postgraduate student in
Anatomy should be given an overall exposure to the subject, teaching methodologies
and a sound grounding in research technologies.
B. Learning objectives: To achieve this goal, the following objectives must be
I. Cognitive domain: At the end of three years of postgraduate training the student
should be able to
1. Describe the gross anatomy of the human body and correlate the knowledge
of structure and function.
2 Describe the microanatomy including cytology of various structures of the
human body and compare the knowledge of microstructure with function
and interpret it accordingly.
3. Interpret the anatomical basis of symptoms and signs of clinical
diagnostic procedures and treatment modalities.
4. Describe the developmental aspects of human body and interpret the
developmental basis of various congenital anomalies.
5. Describe the neuroanatomy in its entirety and interpret the neuroanatomical
basis of various clinical conditions.
6. Explain various aspects of genetics and describe genetic basis of disorders and
principles of genetics counseling.
7. Explain and interpret radiological anatomy and sectional anatomy of the
human body as studied by various imaging techniques.
8. Comprehend surface and living anatomy of the human body.
9. Relate forensic anatomy to the study with medicolegal aspects of bone in
10. Explain the general principles of Anatomy Act and Transplant of Human
11. Explain the process of embalming.
12 Comprehend ethical aspects of biomedical research.
13. Comprehend the basis of disposal of biomedical waste.
14. Comprehend horizontal integration of various subdivisions of anatomy with
relevant physiology and biochemistry.
a. Orientation programme- Institutional and departmental orientation
including duties and responsibilities of a postgraduate student.
b. Time Management - should be conducted within 3-6 month.
c. Stress Management- should be conducted within 3-6 months.
d. Gross anatomy: Dissection of one whole human body and study of
gross anatomy and acquisition of embalming skills.
e. Microanatomy: Basic techniques in tissue processing, preparation of
blocks, microtome sections and H & E and principles of the following
special stains -silver nitrate, periodic acid Schiff, osmic acid, Masson's
trichome, Verhoeff and Orcein stains.
f. To attend all undergraduate lectures held in the department of Anatomy
and all the lectures organized by the university by various PG teachers at
g. To present the topic for dissertation and the research design in front of a
dissertation committee comprising of all senior and PG teachers in the
department within first six months of registration. Thereafter periodic
assessment of the progress of the dissertation (every 6 monthly) will be
done by the concerned PG teacher and if required, by the dissertation
h. Get trained to use computer for teaching and use the internet
i. Scan Anatomy journals and periodicals.
j. OPTIONAL yet DESIRABLE: To attend all the orations/ seminars/
workshops held for the subject in the city colleges, attend general
orations held in the institution and attend regional /national conferences.