PG DIPLOMA IN FORENSIC SCIENCESri GURU TEGH BAHADUR KHALSA COLLEGE
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
- New delhi
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights directs the member nations to create such conditions under which the ideals of free human beings, enjoying civil and political freedom from fear and want, can be achieved. The Constitution of India, through its various articles, strives to ensure security and safety of citizens in accordance with the principles of Universal Declaration of Human Rights. However, crime is a violation of these principles. In a country like India, where majority of population is uneducated, social set up is heterogeneous, public-police relations are not very cordial, poverty is rampant and unemployment widespread, it is not surprising that crime rate is increasing exponentially.
If we have to create conditions conducive to harmonious development, we must mitigate the crime rate. This can best be achieved by relying on the support of forensic science system. Unfortunately, in our country, forensic science is not viewed as a core investigative skill in crime detection. In fact, there is a lack of understanding of the forensic process itself. It is for this reason that less than 10% of the police cases are, at present, being referred for forensic examination. Less than 5% are solved by the application of forensic science. The rest are solved by third degree method - a practice which the human rights organizations will not allow in days to come.
In majority of serious crime cases, hi-tech measures are being adopted by perpetrators of crime. The counter measures have to be more sophisticated to surpass them. This calls for strengthening the foundations of forensic science at national level. It is with this aim that we wish to initiate a PG Diploma Course in Forensic Science courses in our college.
The following are the objectives of this course.
1. To emphasize the importance of scientific methods in crime detection.
2. To disseminate information on the advancements in the field of forensic science.
3. To highlight the importance of forensic science for perseverance of the society.
4. To review the steps necessary for achieving highest excellence in forensic science.
5. To generate talented human resource, commensurating with latest requirements of forensic science.
6. To provide a platform for students and forensic scientists to exchange views, chalk-out collaborative programs and work in a holistic manner for the advancement of forensic science.