PG Diploma in Office Management & Secretarial PracticeGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Economics and Business offers PG Diploma in Office Management & Secretarial Practice course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Paper-I : General English and Commercial Correspondence
PAPER-II : OFFICE ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT
1. Office, its Importance & Functions: Meaning of office, purpose of office, office management, office manager and his functions, qualities and common faults with the manager.
2. Office Organisation : Its meaning organizing the office, principles of organization, techniques of organization types of organization.
3. Layout of Office and Maintenance of Suitable Environment : Introduction, principles of layout, advantage of good layout, open office-its advantages and disadvantages, physical conditions, decoration, ventilation heating and lighting of office furniture.
4. Office Correspondence : Procedure of handling the inward and outward correspondence.
5. Filing System : Introduction objects of filing, centralized & decentralized filing , its advantages & disadvantages flat, filing and vertical filing: their procedure of handling.
6. Indexing : Meaning types & their advantages and disadvantages .
7. Office Machinery and Appliances : Duplicators, Typewriters, telephone, teleprinter, adding machine, telex, calculating machine, posting machine, electronic computer and addressing machine.
1. Meaning, importance and purpose of organization, forms of organization lines, functional line and staff and committees, departmentation by function, by product, by region and its responsibility delegation of authority.
2. Determining the Formal Office Organization : Ways of dividing work, individual job content, job specialization, work division arrangement – Centralization and decentralization of office activities.
3. The role, status and functions of office supervisor supervisory qualification and training; selection and training of office employees promotion and transfers, motivation, employee counseling
PAPER-III : BOOK KEEPING AND ACCOUNTANCY
1. Nature and meaning of accounting principles, accounting concept, basic principles of accountancy: Double entry system, Accounting Conventions.
2. Difference between double entry system and single entry system (Theoretical portion only)
3. Primary hooks of accounting cash book including columner cash book, petty cash book, kept an imprest system in columner form; journal, ledger and Posting of Transactions to Ledger. Trial Balance and its importance.
4. Rectification of errors.
1. Bank Reconciliation statement: Concept of Depreciation and only two main methods of charging Depreciation.
2. Straight Line Method
3. Diminishing Balance Method including changes over one method to another. Treatment of outstanding income and expenses;
4. Preparation of final statement of Accounts of Trading organizations only; preparation of balance sheet, Classification of assets and liabilities.
PAPER-IV : SECRETARIAL PRACTICE
1) The position of the company secretary in the organizational structure of a company. Qualification and appointment; duties and liabilities and good quality of a Company Secretary.
2) Law, Practices and Procedures relating to formation of a Company, issue transfer and transmission of shares and debentures, meeting with special reference to company meeting and extra ordinary meeting.
1) Company resolution, notices, agendas, minutes including both principles and drafting.
2) Borrowing powers of the company. Ancillary matters concerning the company secretary.
PAPER-V : SHORTHAND THEORY & PRACTICE
PAPER-VI : TYPEWRITING ; THEORY & PRACTICE