The course provider will give you all the information you need (with no obligation)
Receive alert emails about other courses like this
ShareInsert in your web
Venues and dates
Close ↑Open ↓
SCO 114-115, Level-2, Sector 34 A, CHANDIGARH,
Close ↑Open ↓
Post Graduate Diploma
Duration Ask the centre
Method / place Classroom-based in Chandigarh (Punjab)
Consult with training provider
Close ↑Open ↓
PG Diploma In PC Architecture & Networking
1) Dimensions of Information Technology
Introduction to Computer and Information Technology
* Brief history of development of Computers. * Computer System Concepts * Computer system characteristics. * Capabilities and limitations. * Types of computers- Analog, Digital, Hybrid, General * Special Purpose, Micro, Mini, Mainframe, Super. * Personal computers (PCs)- IBM PCs. characteristics * PCXT/ PCAT- configuration, Pentium and Newer PCs * Specifications and main characteristics. * Types of Pcs- Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Palmtop * Workstations etc. their characteristics.
2) English and Communication
* Objectives * Comprehension * Writing Skills * Communication skills. * Functional Grammar * Tenses and Literature * Lessons and Poems * Text and reference books.
3) Electricity and Electronics
Introduction to Fundamentals of Electronics.
* Concept of Electronics * Energy, Material, Force, * Atomic Structure * Voltage, Current, Ohm's Law, Voltage Drop, Power * Soldering and De-soldering, Practical and Troubleshooting
Testing And Measuring Equipments
* Electronic Equipments: * Analog Multi-meter * Digital Multi-meter * Analog Ammeter * CRO's Function * Tools and their Applications and Study * Other Testing And Measurement Equipments
* Resistors * Capacitors * Magnetism * Inductors * Transformers * Practical- Troubleshooting and Testing of Passive Components
* Definition, Intrinsic and Extrinsic, Doping * Concept of Holes and Electrons, Current in Semiconductors * Structure of Semiconductors * P-type, N-type Materials * Diodes, Types of Diodes, Checking of Diodes * Transistors, Amplification, Gain * FET, MOSFET, CMOS, HMOS, * Oscillators * Transducers * Integrated Circuits, IC Packaging Technique
Study of Power Electronics Devices
* Power Electronics Device * SCR * DIAC * TRIAC o UJT, Characteristics o Regulator Circuits SCR Turn On and off processes.
Study of DC Motors
* Working of DC Motor * Principle and Design theory * Application in Hardware.
Study of Circuit and Analysis
* Circuit and Analysis. * Resistive Circuit and Laws * R-L, R-C, R-L-C Circuits and their use, Impedance, Impedance Matching and
* KVL(Kerchief's Voltage Law), KCL(Kerchief's Current Law), Practical and
* Cell and Batteries. Definition of Cell And Batteries, Ideal Cell Battery, Response
of Cell And Battery, Types, Application and Practical
* Relays and Switches. Definition of Relay And Switch, Physical Construction,
Types, Working and Application, Current Rating and Advance Applications,
Classification of Relays
* Introduction to Fuse. Definition regarding the Fuse, different types, Fusing
Factor, Applications, Practical
* The study of OP-Amps * configuration and practical utility
Fundamentals of Communication Engineering
* Aspects regarding Communication * Modulation and Demodulation * AM, FM
Introduction to Internet and web searching
* Introduction to Internet concept * Uses of Internet * Creating Mail Account in different Sites * Using Mails services * Net surfing through Search engines * Designing web pages using HTML etc.
4) Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
Logic Circuits And Principles.
* Definition of Digital Logic * Logic Circuits * Boolean algebra * Number System, Grey code, ASCII code * Parity bit and study of other related terms.
Logic Circuits and Gates.
* Gates * Latch * Buffer * D flip-flop, T flip-flop, R-S, J-K F/F * Use of all Gates and Flip-Flops * SOP, POS, DE-MORGAN theorems, K-Map * Multiplexer, De-multiplexer * Encoder, Decoder * Seven Segment Display * Counters * Registers * Practical training and Project Studies.
Logic Gates and Semiconductor Memories
* Logic Families * RTL * TTL * ECL * CMOS * DTL,I2 L * Digital IC's
* RAM (SRAM, DRAM, SIMM, DIMM, RIMM) * ROM (EPROM, EEPROM, , EEPROM Programming) * Concepts of EDO and non-EDO * Primary and Secondary Memories.
* Introduction to Multi vibrators * Monostable and stable multi-vibrators, multi vibrator using gates Principle * IC555 architecture and working
* Study of Microprocessors * Definition, Flags, Interrupts, DMA * Address and Data Buses, and General Microprocessor
Assembly Language Programming
* Instruction set of 8085 * study of 8085 and its Instruction Set * Assembly Language Programming, Pin Out Details * Practical.
5) PC Architecture & Peripherals
Introduction To H/W And PC
* Definition of PC, its parts * Block Diagram * Peripherals of PC, PC-XT, PC-AT * RAM, Introduction to Computers. * PC-XT, AT, Pentium Motherboard Study * Peripherals And Study of All Motherboards * PC-XT * PC-AT * Pentium Motherboard
Card study and diagnostics
* Card study and Diagnostics * various cards used in PC, its study and working * Different types of Cards (Display card, IDE Card, Modem Card, TV Turner
* HDD * FDD * CDROM and DVD * Tape Drive, Zip Drives * SCSI Drive * Practical * Data Storing Techniques FM, MFM, Media used etc.
* Mouse * Keyboard study and troubleshooting, theory, types * ports and connectors * Modems study, theory, working and installation.
* Definitions, resolution, parts details, functions * Printers, working, troubleshooting * Scanners, working theory, troubleshooting
* Definitions of USB and related terms * USB Mouse, * Keyboard, etc.
PC Assembling, Software Installation and Trouble Shooting
* Understanding of operating System * Types of operating system * Features, Security Definition of DOS, features of DOS, internal and external commands * A revolution in operating system * windows 95/98 and windows 2000, windows XP and windows VISTA * Basic Unix and Linux Commands * X-Windows Introduction * use of Linux and Unix.
Unix And Linux-Basic Operation And Overview .
6) Practical- I
Semester - 2
1) Network Infrastructure and Protocols
* Introduction to the concept Local Area Network * History of LAN technology * Dimension of LAN * Concept of Ethernet technology * Ethernet cabling * Concept and type of Network topologies * Introduction to reference models * OSI Reference Model * TCP/IP reference model * IP addressing * Summary
2) System Administration and Management under Windows -I
* Introduction to window system * Concept of client OS and server OS * Installation and up gradation of client OS and server OS * Implementing the unattended installation of OS * Peer to peer interconnectivity * User account creation and management * Understanding the user and group account policies * The Concept of quota system. * Concept of permissions of files and directories. * Summary
3) System Administration and Management under Windows -II
* Introduction to the server system environment * Installation of services. * Installing and Configuring the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) * Installing and Configuring the Domain Name System (DNS) * Installing and configuring (HTTP) web server * Installing and configuring Routing and Remote Server(RRAS) * Installing and configuring DFS Server * Installing and configuring the Exchange server * Installing and configuring FTP server * Integrating, checking and managing complete environment. * Administering and Troubleshooting.
4) Introduction and configuration of WAN Technology
* Introduction to WAN environment * History of WAN * Dimension of WAN * Concept of Ethernet technology * Ethernet cabling * Concept and type of Network topologies * Introduction to reference models * OSI Reference Model * TCP/IP reference model * CISCO Hierarchical model * IP addressing * Summary
* Introduction to routers * Discussion of routers IOS * Types of routers * Router Hardwires * Configuring of routers * Introduction to WAN technologies * Configuring routers for leased lines, ISDN, Frame-Relay * DSL, ADSL etc. * Connecting WAN through static, default and dynamic routing * Configuring router Firewall * Configuring switches. * Configuring VPN * Recovering password * Summary
5) Wireless Wide Area Network (Wi-Fi)
* Introduction to WWAN environment * History of WWAN * Dimension of WAN * Concept of Ethernet technology * Ethernet cabling * Concept and type of Network topologies * Introduction to reference models * OSI Reference Model * TCP/IP reference model * CISCO Hierarchical model * IP addressing * Summary
* introduction to routers * Discussion of routers IOS * Types of routers * Router Hardwires * Configuring of routers * Introduction to WAN technologies * WWAN routing * Configuring router Firewall * Configuring switches. * Configuring VPN * Recovering password * summary
Student opinions (0)
Close ↑Open ↓
Currently no opinions on this course
Done this course?
Give your opinion!
Compare this course with other similar courses
PG Diploma In PC Architecture & Networking informationAMP Solutions
Post Graduate Diploma
Classroom-based Price on request