Ph.D:Agricultural Economics in Computer ApplicationNagaland University
Price on request
The Nagland University was established by the Nagaland University Act, 1989 of the Parliament on 6th Sept. 1994. It is the only Central University in the State having three campuses, viz., Lumami Headquarters, Kohima and Medziphema. At present the University is functioning from its Kohima Campus as Interim Headquarters. The University is located in the tribal dominated State of Nagaland having borders with Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur and Myanmar (Burma on its long eastern stretch). Each Campus has its own administrative and academic unit to manage the day to day educational affairs.
Course of Agricultural Economics has been functioning since 1978, under North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong. In the establishment of Nagaland University the Department of Agricultural Economics is working as unit of School of Agricultural Sciences and Rural Development (SASRD), Medziphema: Campus, Medziphema under Nagaland University, since September 6th 1994. Computer Application in Agriculture of the very important components in this department. The department is offering various courses of Agricultural Economics, Statistics and Computer Application at UG and PG levels. The Post Graduate Programme stated since July 15th 2004. The main aim of this department is to promote and conduct teaching objectives; the department has the following functions:
1. To teach the subjects Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture Finance & Banking, Statistics & Computer application at UG & PG level,
2. To do and conduct research work in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture Finance & Applied Statistics,
3. To collect data from different sources for analyzing needful results and to provide to other allied works,
4. To make available facilities to analyse the complicated Statistics data by Computer works to different streams of Agriculture. (by using different Statistics software are not available),
5. To develop some computer programs for statistical methods and formula for which software are not available and
6. To provided advisory and consultancy services to different streams of Agricultural Sciences & Rural development and to other allied works.