Ph D in Applied MathematicsFaculty of Technology and Engineering
Price on request
Ph D in Applied Mathematics
The Faculty of Technology and Engineering as it stands today formed alongwith the establishment of the Maharaja Sayajirao University in 1949 is an outgrowth of what was popularly known as the "Kala Bhavan Technical Institute" (KBTI) established in June 1890 by his late Highness The Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda state. In May 1990,it completed 100 years of glorious services for the cause of Technical Education.
The Kala Bhavan started its activity in 1890 with the modest but novel objective of producing skilled artisans and apprentices by imparting instruction in local language in the following fields:
Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering,Drawing and Printing, Architecture and Photo engraving, Textile Chemistry including Dyeing, Bleaching, Sizing & Printing, oil and Soap making etc, With the assistance of German experts and foreign trained teacher under the able stewardship of Principal T. K. Gajjar. Other courses on Textile Technology(weaving), Furniture making and Fine Arts were started later. Principal C. H. Vora consolidated these pioneering efforts into a Polytechnic by starting a variety of Diploma and Certificate courses in the above major disciples, with the additional staff, laboratories and buildings. The Polytechnic status with steady development continued until 1949 when the Kalabhavan was converted into the Faculty of Technology and Engineering (with the establishment of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, following generous donation by the Gaekwads for the University and the New Building of the Institute). From this stage onwards, the Institute developed rapidly recognizing no bounds.
These hectic developments resulting in creation of 15 departments, a workshop, a library and several buildings were possible due to the financial support mainly from UGC and aided by UNDP, USAID and Government agencies and also due to the dedicated efforts by the Institute, Deans and Teachers. Faculty laboratories and departments received massive aid of $1,050,000 for development from the United Nations Development Program(UNDP). The aid was given to develop infrastructure facilities in the area of Fracture Mechanics, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Turbojet propulsion and Microprocessor Applications. In 1986, Post Graduate courses on (i) Fracture Mechanics (ii) Irrigation Water Management (iii) Turbojet Propulsion and (iv) Microprocessor Applications were introduced.
Under USAID program, faculty received a massive grant of Rs. 4 crore from Water Resources Department and Narmada Department of Government of Gujarat for development of undergraduate and postgraduate program of Irrigation Water Management in March 1991. Constant efforts are made to update curriculum, improve teaching, enhance infrastructure and laboratory facilities, promote research and establish linkages with the Society and Industries and above all, emphasis on excellence.