Ph.D Programme in MedicineThe West Bengal University Of Health Sciences
Price on request
1. The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) is committed to promote research activities in various faculties of medical, paramedical and Allied Health Sciences in the institutions/colleges/departments affiliated to this University. Inter disciplinary studies for Ph.D. Degrees are also promoted.
2. The WBUHS will award the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) to a candidate who has carried out an original research work aimed at discovery of new knowledge, or, enriching the existing knowledge and understanding of the subject, or, new interpretation of facts.
3. Every candidate shall carry out an assigned research project, under the supervision of recognized Supervisor(s), the result of which shall be written up and submitted in the form of a thesis.
4. The thesis should be examined and commended by a board of adjudicators and successfully defended by the candidate during viva-voce and public defense.
5. The Ph.D. degree will be awarded in the faculties/disciplines of Modern Medicine, Dental Sciences, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Nursing, Pharmacy, Medical Bio-technology, other para-medical and Health Sciences.
6. Ph.D. degree is to be considered as Doctorate degree where supervisory guidance is compulsory.