Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Retail CommunicationsMudra Institute Of Communications, Ahmedabad
Price on request
This programme incorporates lectures, discussions, case studies, interactive sessions, workshops, live projects and assignments. Multimedia presentations, computer simulations and internet explorations will also be used for effective pedagogy.
The typical class would consist of about 25 students. This small class size ensures focused interaction with the faculty. The thrust of the programme is on the principles, processes and practices of Retail Communications and Management for building corporate and brand image.
The programme is divided into three trimesters.
This period lays emphasis on building strong concepts in the fundamental and core courses through on-campus classroom learning by the experienced faculty. The subjects include:
1. Visual Literacy
2. Introduction to Marketing
3. Services Marketing
4. Consumer / Shoppers Psychology
5. Retail Research
6. Retail Management, Functions and Operations
7. Store layout and store design
8. Urban Retail Study
9. Retail-Yatra to Delhi, Kolkatta, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, and Indore: Tour Report
This term focuses on applying the principles of management in Retailing. The faculty would comprise experts from the industry and academics. Courses would include:
1. Research Methodology and Quantitative Techniques
2. Organizational dynamics and HRM
3. Brand Management
4. Introduction to Economics
5. Financial Management
6. Retail Evolution and Environment
7. Retail Communications Mix
8. Strategic Management
9. MICA International Retail – Yatra
Students go through an eight-week on-the-job training at approved organizations as a part of the course. It gives students an opportunity to gain work experience while getting credits for their course.
This term focuses on ‘learning by doing’. The emphasis is on project- based learning. Presentations by students and industry experts give insights into real life situations and their solutions.
1. IT in Retail
2. Retail / Store operations
3. Retail buying, Merchandising and Category Management
4. Strategic Retail Marketing
5. Retail Distribution, Logistics and SCM
6. Mall Management
7. Legal aspects of retail business