Post Graduate Course in Cardiac CTA J Institute of Dental Sciences
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
Always at the forefront in incorporating quality equipments ~ A. J. Hospital & Research Centre is the first hospital in this region to offer you the latest and Super Fast 64 Slice Cardiac CT.
A. J. Hospital & Research Centre is a state-of-the-art 500-bedded hospital offering a complete range of high tech facilities under one roof. The hospital includes 17 departments having the latest diagnostic and investigative equipment, highly qualified doctors, paramedical and supporting staff.
What is a Cardiac CT ?
Cardiac CT is a high speed imaging of the heart by using 64 slice volume CT scanner (VCT). The VCT is a breakthrough in investigative technology. The hallmark of this imaging system is the new V-Res(+TM) detector with its ability to deliver wide anatomical coverage and high resolution, simultaneously.
What does it do ?
In Cardiac imaging, speed is the key. The VCT has the ability to image the entire heart in just five beats offering fantastic accuracy and minimum breath hold. Other multi-slice cardiac scanners require you to hold your breath for at least 10-15 seconds, causing beat-to-beat variations. The light speed VCT can take 64 slices of 0.625 mm. thickness, and is capable of covering 4 cm. in one rotation lasting just 0.33 see. Its unprecedented speed allows clinicians to capture whole organs in a second, the heart in five beats, or head-to-toe in under ten seconds.
Who should undergo Cardiac CT Angiogram?
* High blood pressure ( greater than 130/90 )
* High Cholesterol ( undiagnosed, greater than 200 mg/dl)
* Family history of heart disease
* Sedentary lifestyle ( exercise less than three times a week )
* Overweight by 20% or more
* High stress lifestyle
* Age: Men over 40 years old; Women over 45 years old
Symptomatic persons need it for -
* Detection and characterization of coronary artery occlusive lesions due to atherosclerosis, transplant arteriopathy and vasculitis
* Follow up assessment of Bypass Grafts, Stent Patency etc.
* Detection and characterization of coronary artery anomalies, aneurysms etc
* Functional cardiac assessment
* Characterization of congenital heart disease
* Detection of cardiac masses, pericardial diseases