Post Graduate Course in Political ScienceGurucharan College
Price on request
Post Graduate Course in Political Science
Gurucharan College, Silchar, abbreviated as G.C.College, was established on 15th July 1935 Originally the College was housed in a deserted bungalow of Mr. Promode Chandra Dutta at Rongpur on the bank of river Barak. Unfortunately, the riverbank erosion began to engulf the College premises and Gurucharan College was shifted temporarily to the campus of Silchar Normal School. However, this temporary phase of crises of accommodation was soon over and with the help of insistence from different quarters, it was able to acquire a vast area of about 7.1 acres within the land of Silchar Municipal area.
The College started its mission with a mere 15 students on its roll and today it boasts of having strength of almost 3000 students in its roll. Now, it is a full fledged institution of higher education up to the undergraduate level. It has attained a distinct identity of its own in the field of higher education in the eastern India.
Initially, the College had been affiliated to Calcutta University. In 1949, the College got affiliated to the Gauhati University, Assam. But with the establishment of the Assam University ( Central ), Silchar, G.C.College is now affiliated to it since 1994 and it is enlisted under 2(F) and 12 (B) by the University Grants Commission ( UGC) and offers Higher Secondary (10+2) and Three Year Degree Course ( 1+1+1) in Arts, Science and Commerce streams.
The college took upon itself and has been toiling for over the last seventy years to provide access to higher education to the students not only of the urban, but also of the rural areas of the north eastern region of India.
Goals & Objectives:
* To impart quality education to all students coming from different parts of the society-- urban and rural.
* To encourage female education by providing suitable environment.
* To develop comprehensive personality among students in tune with the development of supreme human values.
* To develop dynamic, scientific and secular outlook.
* To make education context - oriented.
* To encourage teachers to undertake research studies and to participate in academic programmes.
This is a self financing course.