Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration:Banking, Investment and InsuranceWelingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Distance learning
Frequent Asked Questions
# Graduates from any recognized university. # Diploma holders from any recognized polytechnic with 3 years of supervisory work experience post diploma. # Final year degree student. However, their admission will be confirmed only on submission of the attested Xerox copies of their degree certificates/final year mark sheets within 60 days of admission. # If a student has completed his graduation from an international university, then the University should be approved by AIU/UGC/IGNOU or by any other international associations like EQUIS, AACSB OR AMBA.
Welingkar Institute of Management is an autonomous institute and all distance learning programs offered by it are autonomous in nature, but it is one of the few institutions whose distance learning programs have been accredited by Distance Education Council (DEC), a body of the Central Govt. of India.
Distance Education Council (DEC) has been set up by the Govt. of India under the IGNOU Act for assessment and accreditation of distance education institutes in India. An approved institute and its programs are stringently appraised by DEC with regard to its content, quality of education and its delivery systems.
A Joint Committe of Nominees from AICTE, UGC, IGNOU and DEC does thorough inspection before recognition of the programe. Hence, DEC approval ensures students about the quality of education and assures them about the standard of qualification which they earn from the Institute's distance learning programs.
Salient features of the program
The first two semesters are generic, common to all and cover general topics of management. The last two semesters contain specialization related subjects.
Structure of the Program & Specializations
Semester I Semester II
Principles of Management Business Etiquette & Presentation Skills
Financial Accounting Financial Management-I
Business Communication Cost Accounting
I.T. for Management Human Resource Management
Marketing Management Strategic Management
Managerial Economics Organizational Behavior
Semester III Semester IV
1) Purchasing Management 1) Logistics & Distribution Management
2) Inventory Management 2) Global Supply Chain Management & Outsourced Manufacturing
3) E - Commerce 3) ERP & Web Based Supply Chain Management
4) Total Quality Management 4) Final Project
5) World Class Manufacturing
Semester III Semester IV
1) Banking Fundamentals & Negotiable Instruments 1) Trade Finance and Foreign exch.Management
2) Retail banking 2) Marketing of Financial Services
3) Advances and Credit Analysis 3) Management of Insurance Products and Companies
4) Introduction to Insurance and Risk Management 4) Project
5) Investment Management
1) Banking Fundamentals & Negotiable Instruments 1) Trade Finance
2) Retail banking 2) Foreign Exchange Management
3) Advances and Credit Analysis 3) Marketing of Financial Services
4) Introduction to Insurance and Risk Management 4) Management of Insurance Products and Companies
5) Investment Management - 1 5) Project
6) Investment Management - II