POST GRADUATE IN SURGICAL ONCOLOGYMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
M.S. (General Surgery) M.S. (ENT) M.S. (Orthopedics) M.D. (Gynaec)
POST GRADUATE IN SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
Surgical Oncology is a recognized Super-specialty in General Surgery. With the
increasing incidence of cancer in our country and with improved methods of management
of cancer in the last two decades, it has become very essential to have trained Surgical
Oncologists for comprehensive care of the cancer patient.
Syllabus shall comprise in three parts:
1) Basic principals in Oncology
2) Clinical practice of Surgical Oncology
3) Recent Advances in Oncology
1) Outpatient Teaching Schedule: The Post Graduate students will attend
outpatient clinics as per the schedule of the unit assigned to them.
2) Teaching Ward Rounds: In addition to daily ward rounds will be conducted by
3) Operation Theatres: The Post Graduate students will attend the operation
theatres as per the schedule of the assigned unit where they will assist in or
perform operations under supervision.
The Post Graduate will attend and actively participate in the following academic
1) Formal course of lectures as fixed by the Dept. for the three-year course to cover
the entire syllabus.
2) Case presentations.
3) Seminar / journal club of each specialty service.
4) Weekly Hospital Clinical Meetings.
5) Mortality meetings.
6) All Seminar / Conference / Workshop conducted by the Department.