Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource ManagementXLRI School of Business and Human Resources
Frequent Asked Questions
* Graduation from a recognized university. * Minimum of 2 years of work experience after completing graduation. * Performance in personal interviews. * Basic knowledge of computer.
To give participants an understanding of problems and issues in the field of Human Resource Management.
To learn the critical elements of Human Resource Management processes.
To equip participants with the required depth and balance of technical and managerial knowledge that will enable them to function successfully in their chosen field.
The above stated objectives will be attained through:
1. An intensive program useful from a corporate management view point.
2. 5 days of intensive learning at XLRI campus.
3. Project-based courses.
4. Lecture series.
5. Case methods.
6. Group work.
The on-line sessions will be delivered on the virtual classroom platform of our technical partners. The heart of the platform is a powerful user interface that enables large number of geographically distributed students to have a highly interactive "one to one" exchange with a central faculty. The system incorporates live broadcast of video, two way audio and data interactivity to enable the students to watch and interact with the faculty live in virtual classroom environment. Conceptual discussions, case discussions and panel discussions will be the primary vehicle of learning on the platform.
1. Introduction to Personnel Management.
2. Introduction to Industrial Relations.
3. Labour Laws.
4. Performance Appraisal & Management.
5. Training & Development.
6. Employee Compensation System.
7. Collective Bargaining.
8. Competency Based HR.
9. Individual Behaviour in Organizations.
10.Group Behaviour in Organizations.
11.Organizational Change & Development.
12.Organizational Structure & Design.
13.Cross Cultural Management.
15.Strategic Human Resource Management.
18.Social Research Methods.
19.Operations Strategy for HRM.
20.Human Resource Information System.