Program in Political Governance for Women - WorkshopS.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Applicants could be from the following sectors: Political parties (party workers from the grass root level/policy makers), Women election ticket holders from any political party. NGO's, Foundations, Educational Institutions and Forums.
SPJIMR in collaboration with Times Foundation & Women's Movement For Peace& Prosperity launched the "Diploma Program in Political Governance for Women " in 2005.
SPJIMR has introduced this programme under DOCC in the year 2004-2005
The primary objective of theis programe is to impart strategies that strengthen women's capacity and promote their participation in all aspects of political life leading to greater gender equality in key decision-making processes and positions. In the year 2005, SPJIMR has introduced this programme under DOCC.
-The aim of the programe is to:
* To initiate Good Governance-
Women are critical in achieving and maintaining goals of sustainable development. We look at this program as an initiative towards good governance and a step in the direction of achieving such goals.
* Politics as profession-
We believe that to be successful in any career one needs to be trained. Politics, in our opinion is a profession like any other, which requires training and development. We want to train Women empowering them towards effective and efficient functioning.
* Provide a Platform for development-
The program aims at providing opportunities and a platform where she is able to act and integrate economic, social, political and environmental factors, with an impact on policies and program implementation for sustainable development
* Sensitize participants to issues-
This program aims to sensitize women and make them pro-active, influencing reforms for improved services and ensuring that the benefits of these improvements reach the people who need it the most.
The course comprises of seven modules:
1. Legal, Constitutional and Political Studies: This module would focus on familiarizing and generating awareness on basic concepts of civic structure of India and its municipal affairs, Constitution of India and legalities involved when one assumes office of responsibility.
2. Managing People: As a politician one is constantly amidst people, involved with them on various accounts. It is imperative therefore to be able to deal with them effectively in order to achieve different objectives. The techniques of managing people in small groups and in large systems will be studied in this module.
3. Communications Skills & Personality Development: To be successful in politics one has to cultivate a public image, effectively communicate ideas and establish interpersonal relationships.
4. Current Issues: Knowing what problems plague India and the world is the first step towards attempting to solve them. Awareness generation will initiate process of sensitization.
5. Public Finance and Accounting: Financial activities such as budgeting, fund raising, allocation, and disbursement form the backbone of any government activity. Politicians are exposed to scores of financial data, reports and statements. This module aims to make the participants familiar with these kinds of reports.
6. Fund Raising and Event Management: One of the most important activities a politician is measured by is his ability and power to garner funds for the party. Fund raising is an activity, which can be professionally executed. This module will also give insights into the various kinds of events organized and the preparations that go with them.
7. Economic & Gender Issues: India today stands in the midst of a rapidly changing economic environment. This module aims to generate awareness about the economic terminologies and concepts, increase understanding levels of various economic phenomena and develop a macroscopic perspective.
* Case Studies
* Peer learning sessions
* Simulation games
* Video clips
* Group discussions