Project ManagementDistance Learning Programs
Price on request
- Distance learning
- New delhi
Frequent Asked Questions
Project management, has evolved as a revolution just a few decades ago. Yet it was climbing around civilization from the beginning of history.
With an objective of maximum productivity with minimum participation, and to bring forth imagination into realism, human need for an optimum management system that can trigger workforce efficiency to yield product, that is predetermined and objectified was outlining a management system within the growth of human perception though out its evolution.
The biggest mistake in project management is not using a Methodology. Here is what you will gain from using a project management methodology:
* Create a project road map
* Monitor time, cost and quality
* Control change and scope
* Minimise risks and issues
* Manage staff and suppliers
Role of the Project Manager:
As a role, project managers must satisfy these sets of needs:
Task Needs + Team Needs + Individual Needs
The project manager role; he should meet his "Task Needs" as follows;
- Attaining team objectives
- Planning work
- Allocating resources
- Defining tasks
- Assigning responsibility
- Controlling and monitoring quality
- Scrutinizing progress
- Checking performance
The project manager role; he should meet his "Team Needs" as follows:
- Appointing secondary leaders
- Building and upholding team sprit
- Setting standards and maintaining regulation
- Training the team
- Setting up systems to facilitate communication with the team
- Developing work methods to craft team function cohesiveness
The project manager role; he should meet his "Individual Needs" as follows:
- Developing the individual
- Balancing team needs and task needs
- Balancing team needs and individual needs
- Performance appreciation and rewards
- Helping with other team members personal problems
Skills for Project Manager:
Furthermore, in order for an effective project manager, he needs the following core skills;
- Leadership skill to arouse action, progress, and change.
- Contractual skills to organize subcontractors.
- Legal knowledge.
- Evaluation of alternatives and ability for decision making.
- Planning and controlling for necessary counteractive measures.
- Financial familiarity for budget risk management.
- High communication skills.
- Negotiating abilities.
- People management to motivate them towards the project goal.
- System designing and maintenance.
Overall, a project manager has responsibilities from the beginning of project initiation, planning, controlling, and executing to both management and to the project team. A project manager must steer his project towards the bigger picture and be responsible for the job, a project manager must be experienced, committed, dependable and flexible, as his position remains in the nucleus of the system and success and failure centralizes on the project manager's shoulders.