Quantity SurveyingAnglia Ruskin University
Price on request
- Bachelor's degree
- Cambridge (England)
What you'll learn on the course
Skills and Training
This degree focuses on specific aspects of the development process. It is about good management practice, effective project management and efficient procurement processes.
This course is concerned with providing a solid foundation in a range of aspects of the built environment, plus a more advanced understanding of quantity surveying theory and practice. It is also about allowing you to develop your personal and intellectual skills and providing you with the right environment to make the most of this exciting learning experience.
Year one core modules
- Contextual Skills for the Built Environment
- An Introduction to Technology and Design
- Built Environment and the Economy
- Introduction to Civil Law and Legislation
- Surveying Practice
Year two core modules
- Environmental Services and Construction Technology
- Management Practice
- Business Strategy
- Measurement and Analysis of Prices
- Construction Contract Law
Year three core modules
- Built Environment Major Project
- Building and Civil Engineering Measurement
- Design Economics
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Economics of Property Development
- Work-related Module
- Practice-based Learning
- Project Evaluation and Development
- Risk and Value Management
Assessment is via a mix of examination, assignments, presentations, practical work and group work.
Career opportunities: This award is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and enables the successful students to embark upon the assessment of professional competence in the workplace which leads to professional membership.