The Nagpur University was established on 4th August, 1923 with six affiliated colleges and 927 students. During 1947, the number of students increased to about 9000 accompanied by the improvement and diversification of curricula and expansion in the range of subjects. The expansion of library and sports facilities occurred during these years for the intellectual and physical well being of the students. It was in 1958 that some new Departments in Arts and Social Science faculties were opened; the major expansion, however, came in 1963 when several science and other teaching Departments were started. The Departments were shifted to spacious buildings in the main campus in 1972-73. In later years, several career oriented courses have been started viz., Business Management, Fine Arts, Mass Communication, Library Science, Physical Education, etc.Presently University comprises of thirty-Seven Postgraduate Teaching Departments (PGTD), three Constituent Colleges/Institutions (Law college, Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, and College of Education). Four hundred Thirty Nine colleges are affiliated The Department and conducted college/Institution buildings are spread over in 7 campuses with an overall area of 327 acres. Following programs under various faculties are run through the above-mentioned PGTD, Conducted College and Affiliated Colleges.In addition to these, the research programs in almost all thirty-Seven Departments and three conducted Colleges are propelled through M.