REINSURANCE MANAGEMENT (NON-LIFE)National Insurance Academy
Price on request
The need for reinsurance for enhancing the capacity and stability of insurance companies is adequately realized by all insurance managers. The reinsurance market has been undergoing sweeping changes due to convergence of insurance market into capital market all over the world. This programme is intended as re-orientation to the broad principles of reinsurance, its functions, its role in enabling insurance companies to assume risks, make use of various techniques of reinsurance, principles governing placement and acceptance of reinsurance covers, drawing up of different types of reinsurance programmes and also reinsurance accounting and settlement procedures, practice of reinsurance in international markets, financial implications of reinsurance on ultimate underwriting results and its contribution to augmentation of financial reserves / strengths of direct insurers in view of the emerging trend.
This programme aims :
• To bring into focus various mechanisms and methodologies of reinsurance
• To acquaint the participants with principles and practices of reinsurance accounting
• To introduce the participants to security analysis.
• To introduce the participants with the methodology of reinsurance ratings.
• World reinsurance market & The global trend in the reinsurance market.
• Intermediaries role in Reinsurance Markets.
• Theory and practice of reinsurance, various methods of reinsurance • Retention Limits – PML assessment & its applications
• Legal wordings of reinsurance contracts, Reinsurance programming and its intricacies
• Special aspects of reinsurance of fire, marine and miscellaneous accident portfolios
• Reinsurance of specialised risks like Mega Risk, aviation, oil, gas and satellite etc.
• Reinsurance of Liability Risks
• Reinsurance Financial products • Reinsurance accounting and recoveries
• ART Mechanisms in insurance risk management
• Reinsurance of Package Policies (Construction & Operational Risks)