Rooman - DIH (Diploma in Hardware)(PART TIME)Rooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
Rooman - DIH (Diploma in Hardware)(PART TIME)
Diploma in Computer hardware is open to anyone with the Knowledge of English. This hands-on course is our recommended curriculum for those who want to upgrade, repair, maintain or troubleshoot computers. This course covers the full range of IBM and IBM-compatible systems. This is a preliminary course recommended for candidates wish to enter Network and System administration field.
Course Contents :
Basics of Computer:
* Computer Fundamentals
* Generation of Computer
* MS-DOS Commands
* Autoexec.bat & Config.sys
* Working on Windows 98/XP
* Conventional & Extended Memory
* Types of Memory EDO, SDRAM, DDR, RAMBUS.
Assembling & Installation:
Add on card identification
* Assembling a computer
* Installation of DOS, 95,98,ME, MS-Office etc.,
* Configuration of display, sound card.
* Resistors, capacitors and Inductors
* Conductors, Insulators and semiconductors
* Comparison between AC and DC Current
* Diodes and transistors
* Rectifiers and voltage Regulators.
* Number System and conversion
* Basic logic gates (NOT, AND, OR)
* Universal gates (NAND, NOR)
* Flip flops (RS, D and JK)
* Counters, Shift registers.
Microprocessor and Support chips:
* Difference between 8085,8086 and 8088
* Data, Address and control bus
* Dumb and Smart chip
* Use of 8284,8288 in a PC
* Use of 8237,8253.8255 & 8259 in a PC.
* Difference between PC-XT & PC-AT
* Processor speed ratings
* Study on Intel 80286, 80386, 80486
* Study on Pentium, MMX, Pentium Pro, Celeron, PII, PIII,P4, Xeon
* Study on Hyperthreading and DualCore Technology
* Pipelining and superscalar execution
* Difference between RISC and CISC
* Discussion on Overdrive processor
* Processor performance tests
* AMD- K5, K6, K7, Athlon, Duron, Cyrix- M II, Media GX
* Multiprocessor configuration.
Using System Resources and Memory:
* Managing IRQ and I/O Base addresses.
* Configuring DMA Channels
* Troubleshooting resource conflicts
* Memory management
* The system and logical Memory Layouts
* Adapter Memory Configuration and optimization.
* Socket identification & I/O Slots
* Study on LX, BX, ZX, 810,820, 815, 840 and 850 motherboard
* Upgrading the motherboard and the processor
* Bus Slots and I/O Cards
* Types of I/O Buses (ISA, EISA, MCA, VESA, PCMCIA and PCI)
* Study on Notebook and Laptop architecture.
* Different Memory types
* Discussion on Cache Memory.
* Floppy Disk Controller and drive
* Read/write Heads and Head Actuators
* Sensors and motors in a FDD
* Analyzing floppy disk and drive construction
* Data organization in floppy disk
* Analyzing problems in FDD.
Hard Disk Drives:
* Data encoding scheme (FM, MFM, RLL)
* Different HDD interface (ST-506/412, ESDI, IDE)
* Study on SCSI interface
* Data organization (MBR, DBR, FAT)
* Data recovery using Various tools
* Hard Disk Limitations (File System and BIOS)
* Introduction to Disk Arrays (RAID)
* Analyzing and troubleshooting Hard Disk Drive
* Introduction to Tape Drives.
Optical Storage Device:
* Introduction to CD-ROM, DVD, CD-RW
* Encoding and data organization in CD-ROM
* Multiread and Universal Disk Format (UDF)
* Troubleshooting CD-ROM Drives
* Introduction to MO Drives
* Virus History
* Types of viruses (Trojans, File, Boot sector, etc.)
* Installing different Antivirus packages.
Communication Ports and modem:
* Using communication ports and devices
* Serial port configuration
* Null Modem Configuration (RS-232)
* Modem Standards
* Configuring modem for internet connectivity
* Internet concept and browsing
* Introduction of USB.
Parallel Ports and Printers:
* Parallel port configuration
* Detecting and testing Parallel port using DEBUG
* Introduction to Printers
* Printer working concepts (DMP, inkjet, LaserJet)
* Detailed study about dot-matrix and inkjet printers
* Troubleshooting printer
* Introduction Scanners.
Software and Hardware Diagnostic Tools:
* Power-on Self Test (POST)
* Using AMIDIAG, Norton Diagnostics, QAPLUS and MSD
* GUI based Diagnostics Utility.
Operating system and hardware troubleshooting:
* Differentiating problems between Hardware, software and OS
* Potential system problems
* Diagnosing problems through Beep Sounds
* Analyzing and repairing hardware problem
* Advanced Troubleshooting.