Safety Certification Scheme (S -Mark)STQC
Price on request
- New delhi
Safety certification (marked "S") is a system of third-party certification scheme in the electronics sector promoted by STQC Certification Services, standardization of testing, and Quality Certification Directorate (STQC), Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. The system is intended to give an accurate level of assurance through the evaluation of the system, further analysis and monitoring that the product meets the requirements specified in International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard security measures. The program has been accredited by the Dutch Council for Accreditation (RvA), Netherlands, Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification (ISO) / International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Guide 65.
Why choose safety certification
Safety testing, certification and the mark because of the compliance of electronic products, according to the rules in vogue in most highly developed states. There are strict laws in these states in meeting mandatory safety requirements. Therefore, for world trade, it is important that these products meet international standards for certification.
Introduction of "S" Mark
Mark "S" represents the safety mark certification granted under the national security (Marcos 'S') Scheme STQC Directorate, Department of Information Technology, Government of India. The plan is intended to provide by means of factory inspection, product testing and subsequent monitoring of the manufacturer at the appropriate grade of assurance in the safety of approved products to appropriate security level. The scheme is designed according to international requirements (ISO) / International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Guide 65 accredited by the Dutch Accreditation Council (RvA, Netherlands).
Characteristics of safety certification
* Third group certification system
* Administered by the international guidelines of the (ISO) / International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 65
* Only product certification system in the country accredited by an international organization like RvA, Netherlands.
* Tests to test laboratories (preferably IECEE-CB-approved laboratories.)
* Test reports in globally approved IECEECB test report formats.
Currently the following products are covered by the Plan:
RULES OF THE PRODUCT TYPE
* Consumer electronics (CE): Color, B / W TV tape recorder both in one stereo system VCR / VCP / CD /DVD player etc., according to standard IEC 60065
* Information Technology (IT): computers, monitors, printers, copiers, fax machines, SMPS and others. According to standard IEC 60950-1
* Components (safety vital): switches, fuses, fuse boxes, cables, capacitors, plug and sockets, CRT, etc Flyback Transformers as standards IEC61058, IEC60127, IEC60257, IEC60227, IEC60384, IEC60884, IEC60065, IEC61965
* Electro Medicine: SurgicalEquipment HF, heart defibrillator and ECG monitor, ECG, etc monitor according to IEC 60601, IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-1, IEC60601-2-2, IEC60601-2-4, IEC60601-2- 25, IEC60601-2-27
* Electrical items according to IEC60335 standard
* Filled with gas appliances according to IEC60730 standard thermostat,
* Hermetically sealed compressor according to standard IEC60335-2-34
* Electronical ballast according to standard IEC61347-2-3
Benefits to Customers
* Gives an emergency solution for the granting of Indian security mark (S-Mark) in the mutual acceptance of IECEE-CB report and certificate without any evidence of products
* Certification of products according to international standards of the CIS.
* Certification by certification body accredited by RvA, Netherlands.
* Selling of products branded "S" with the RvA logo.
The testing laboratories accredited by Certification Body (CB).
* Improving the export capacity for mutual recognition
* Improving the quality and level of product safety.
* Gives selling edge over competitors, even in the home market.
* Creat it very easy to get international safety approvals like VDE, UL, etc.
Step by Step Strategy of the issue of security of Mark (S-Mark)
1. Makers to submit a separate application for each floor of the Certification Body (CB) on prescribed Application Form (F01), along with the Quality System Requirements.
2. Certification Body examines the request and issues a registration number to the manufacturer. Extra information or clarification, if you want.
3. Certification Body (CB) sends a copy of "Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the manufacturer.
4. Evaluation of the quality system is carried out.
5. The demos for type tests are collected and sent to a designated laboratory.
6. The trial report is mailed by the laboratory to the certification body.
7. Acceptable compliance with the requirements of paragraph 1 through 6 above, the manufacturer is informed of the successful completion and signing of the agreement called for the Certification Agreement.
8. Certification Body certified certificate and design issues of brand security details to the manufacturer after the signing of the agreement and obtain certification fee required fee.
9. The manufacturer is authorized to use the security Marcos (Marcos 'S') and RvA logo on the product that fits the scheme in accordance with the guidelines established by Certification Body (CB).
10. Post Certification activities viz. monitoring activities are carried out after the grant of the certificate.
11. Representative sample of certified product for the test is taken every three years during surveillance / recertification.