Seismic design of structures to Eurocode 8City University London
Price on request
- Bachelor's degree
- Islington (England)
What you'll learn on the course
The course is delivered in 11 modules (between 60 - 90 minutes each in length), along with time for reflection.
Sessions will cover the following:
- Introduction to Engineering Seismology
- Design seismic actions
- Conceptual design of building structures
- Analysis methods for seismic loading
- Seismic design of buildings
- Seismic design of bridges
- Seismic design of nuclear structures
- EC8 Provisions for steel structures
- EC8 Provisions for Reinforced Concrete buildings I
- EC8 Provisions for Reinforced Concrete buildings II
- EC8 Provisions for composite structures
Teaching and Assessment
The course includes a total of 11 lectures spread over 2.5 days with an afternoon start on the first day. Each lecture lasts between 60 - 90 min. There will also be time for discussion and reflection.
There is no formal assessment.
Please note lunch will not be provided on the first day, but is provided on the Thursday & Friday. Refreshments will also be available during breaks on each day.
Accommodation is not included in the course fee. However, City University is based in Central London (post code EC1V 0HB)...