Semantic Web Technologies (2013)OpenHPI
What you'll learn on the course
Semantic Web technologies enable the explicit representation of knowledge and its further processing to deduce new knowledge from implicitly hidden knowledge. Thus, information access and information search will be more precise and more complete compared to today's traditional information retrieval technology. Previously heterogeneous data can be mapped and combined based on common knowledge representation and schemata easily extended in a dynamic way.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of Semantic Web technologies. You will learn how to represent knowledge and how to access and benefit from semantic data on the Web.
- Week 1:Introduction to the Semantic Web
- Week 2:Identifying Things with URI and RDF
- Week 3:Querying RDF(S) with SPARQL
- Excursus:Semantic (Meta) Data and the Web
- Week 4:Knowledge Representation I
- Week 5:Knowledge Representation II
- Week 6:Applications in the Web of Data