Shipboard safety officer courseInternational Maritime Training Centre
Price on request
Security on boards ship has come along a maximum path in plummeting accident, but there is still more scopes to perk up security.
Most of the accident at seas are because of Human Errors. Human errors can be abridged by correct coaching & motivations. Accident mostly occur because of want of management, captivating shortcut, complacencies, attitude, & others
The tasks to shun accident run from the tops downs; from the shore establishments to the Masters, to every individuals aboards. "Safety awarenesses" by all hand is the major single issue in plummeting accident.
The function of the Shipboards Safety Officers is to endorse Safety Cultures by coaching & appealing the crews. It is the want of every sea-farer to labour in a secure & healthy atmosphere.
Disregarding security not only endanger individuals life but also his colleague. It can have grave implication on one's well-being & the nautical atmosphere beside down time & financial loss.
Auditor, Port State Control Inspector, Vetting Inspector, laid more stress on following accurate security actions & practice. The Shipboards Safety Officers program has been planned with a vision of teaching the chosen safety officers in realizing the significance of managing a safer & cleaner ships therefore disseminating security consciousness among colleagues.
By the end of the program, Candidates will be in a position to:
· Possess the cognition of the general danger involving in shipboards operation.
· Understanding the function of a safety officers.
· Understanding the significance of distinguishing general hazard & disseminating safety consciousness.
· Carrying out Risks evaluation
· Carrying out accident investigation & root causes analysis.
· Handling stresses & fatigues & understanding its implication to accident.
· Understand the importance of reporting near misses and accidents.
· Handling internal & external security audit.
The program is suitable for:
Any ships staffs who may be chosen as a Shipboards Safety Officers
· Abbreviated intro to I.S.M. Codes.
· Introducing Health & Safety legislation.
· Responsibility & duty of the Shipboards Safety Officers.
· Carrying on Safety Meeting & disseminating safety consciousness on boards.
· Risk evaluation
· Under-going Audit.
· Report near miss & accident; keeping an Accident bar Logs.
· Accident theories & accident investigations.
· Managing Stresses & Fatigues & it impacts on security.
· Case Study & lesson learning.