Ch.S.D.St.Theresa's College for Women was founded in 1953 by the Congregation of the Sisters of St.Ann of Providence, a missionary society founded by Marquis Cario Tancredi and Marchioness Giulia Colbert BaroloBlessed Mother Enrichetta was the co-foundress of the congregation. The starting of the College was supported by well-meaning persons such as Chintalapati Satyavathi Devi and Murthi Raju. Presently the institution has grown as a beacon of light in the West Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh. It was a time when higher education was a distant dream for young girls, the College became a pioneer and contributor towards education of women in India and the rest of the world. The Management and the faculty of the Institution constantly strive to live up to the charism of the Founders, which is articulated in a well-defined mission statement.