Strategic port management for senior managementInternational Maritime Training Centre
Price on request
They are components of world wide supply-chain network, the efficiency of which forces trade fighting
Ports have a main position in alleviating trades, bringing a vital interfaces among marines & lands based transport. They are component of world wide supply-chain network, the efficiency of which forces trade fighting.
· There are more or less than two thousand port round the globe, from belittled port managing a few 100 ton a year to big multi-purpose faculty managing more than four hundred fifty million ton a year.
· Whole global port traffics in 2006 was round 14.8 billion ton. When the whole traffics has been developing at four to six percent annually, world container port traffics has been increasing at ten to twelve percent annually at the current year. In 2007, the digit had surpassed four hindred eighty four million T.E.U.s.
· Global port traffics is composed of liquid bulks (forty five percent) dry bulks (twenty three percent & general freight incorporating container (thirty two percent)
· Developing countries are the main engine for port evolution nowadays, fueled by their high economic expanding rate.
· More than eighty percent of trades with origin or destination in developing countries, in tonnages, is by sea.
· In 2005, global aggregate freights requital as a balance of whole import values was near 5.9percent. This data was near 4.8percent for developed countries & 7.7percent for developing countries, mulling over the related ratios in the logistic chains.
The port scene in India is potential on a high increment tracks, bringing a important position in the economic progress of the country.
· India is confronting extending progress in worldwide trades (twenty to twenty five percent annually growth over the last 3 year). Ninety five percent of Indias' trades by volumes & seventy seven percent by values go by Indian port.
· There are twelve main port administration. There are over one hundred eighty seven non-important port. In 2009-10, Indian port managed about eight hundred metric of traffics (five hundred thirty one metrics at main port & two hundred two metrics at non-major port).
Port have main bottle-neck, ensuing in a twelve percent cargo payments as a proportionality of whole import values. Important effort are on to formulate infrastructures & service at port, by privatisation.
Given the above & in the contexts of;
· particular need of multi-modal transports & effectual supply chain &
· privatisation of port & the increase involvements of private player in port activity
There is a requirement to develop tactical perspective for port run by tactical idea amid the senior managements, for which a management development program would be one of the vital vehicle.
· To strengthen strategical decision making skill through analysis & incorporated perspectives
· To realize main general management concept as relevant to the port areas
· Senior management (operational head) & potential senior manager from the port, ship & linked logistic service among the nautical sectors world-wide
· The program calls for basic strategical concern since there is interests in India as a developing ports, logistic, & trading markets
· The program is backed by the IPA for participations from the main port of India
· International trades, economics & regulation
· Strategic management in a competitory atmosphere
· Marketing management
· Supplychain management
· Operation management
· Finance management
· People management
· Informations management
· Case base approaches
· Syndicate discussion & presentation
· Management game & exercise
· Reflection & integrations