Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10.5: Administration CourseHBF IT EDUCATION SERVICES
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
You must have a working knowledge of windows server-class operating systems and commands, as well as networking and network security concepts.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention delivers a unified solution to discover, monitor, and protect confidential data wherever it is stored or used. Symantec offers comprehensive coverage of confidential data across endpoint, network and storage systems. Students are made familiar to the following Symantec Data Loss Prevention products: Network Monitor, Network Prevent, Network Discover, Network Protect, Endpoint Prevent, and Endpoint Discover, as well as deployment best practices.
Introduction to Symantec Data Loss Prevention
* Symantec Data Loss Prevention overview
* Symantec Data Loss Prevention architecture
Navigation and Reporting
* Navigating the user interface
* Reporting and analysis
* Report navigation, preferences, and features
* Report filters
* Report commands
* Incident snapshot
* Policy overview
* Creating policy groups
* Using policy templates
* Building policies
* Hands-On Labs: Use policy templates and policy builder to configure and apply new policies.
Response Rule Management
* Response rule overview
* Creating Automated Response rules
* Creating Smart Response rules
* Response rule best practices
* Hands-On Labs: Create and use Automated and Smart Response rules.
TrueMatch Detection Methods
* Overview of TrueMatch detection methods
* Described Content Matching (DCM)
* Exact Data Matching (EDM)
* Directory Group Matching (DGM)
* Indexed Document Matching (IDM)
Network Monitor Review
* Review of Network Monitor
* Traffic filtering
* Network Monitor best practices
* Hands-On Labs: Apply IP and L7 Filters.
Introduction to Network Prevent
* Network Prevent overview
* Introduction to Network Prevent (Email)
* Introduction to Network Prevent (Web)
* Hands-On Labs: Configure Network Prevent (Email) response rules, incorporate them into policies, and use the policies to capture incidents.
Introduction to Network Discover and Network Protect
* Network Discover and Network Protect overview
* Configuring Discover targets
* Protecting data
* FlexResponse platform
* Running and managing scans
* Reports and remediation
* Network Discover and Network Protect best practices
* Hands-On Labs: Create and run a file system target using various response rules, including quarantining.
Introduction to Endpoint Prevent
* Endpoint Prevent overview
* Configuring Endpoint Prevent
* Detection capabilities at the Endpoint
* Managing agents
* Creating Endpoint response rules
* Capturing Endpoint Prevent incidents and viewing them in reports
* Endpoint Prevent best practices
* Hands-On Labs: Create Endpoint response rules, monitor and block Endpoint actions, and view Endpoint Incidents.
Introduction to Endpoint Discover
* Endpoint Discover overview
* Creating and running Endpoint Discover targets
* Using Endpoint Discover reports and reporting features
* Hands-On Labs: Create Endpoint Discover targets, run Endpoint Discover targets, and view Endpoint Discover incidents.
* Preparing for risk reduction
* Policy development best practices
* Risk reduction
* Server administration
* Custom attribute lookup
* Hands-On Labs: Interpret event reports and traffic Reports. Configure alerts and custom attribute look-ups using a .csv file.
After completing the course, students will be able to describe the features, concepts, components, and terminology of Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10.5.
Configure reports and remediate incidents.
* Create and modify policies and response rules.
* Leverage policy and response management best practices.
* Create and modify Discover targets.
* Create and manage roles and users.
* Carry out system administration tasks including performance management.
* Describe enterprise enablement best practices.
The course also ensures that students must go through practical training to acquire the necessary skills for working.