Test Prepration for SATSTUDIES HUB
Price on request
The SAT test is used to evaluate a candidates critical thinking and problem solving skills which would help to measure their overall ability and potential to undertake the bachelor level study program.
SAT is a compulsory test to secure admission in any undergraduate program of any college of USA. This test is developed, managed and administered by College Entrance Examination Board, based in USA. SAT is prepared and scored by the Educational Testing Service. It is an approximately 4 hour long test. There are two types of SAT tests namely, SAT Reasoning Test and SAT Subject Tests.
SAT Test Format SAT Reasoning Test Format:
SAT Subject Test Format:
SAT subject test can be divided into 5 general areas - English, History and Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, and Languages.
A college may require one or more of the subject tests for the purpose of admission and placement. SAT subject test consists of multiple choice questions.
It should be noted that there are some subjects for which questions are asked in a unique pattern.
SAT Eligibility Criteria
There are no eligibility criteria for SAT. You can take it during your Class XI or even after the XII boards. Just keep your college application deadlines in mind as admission decisions are largely dependent on SAT scores (along with GPA, transcript, recommendations, etc.).
SAT Test Fees
Tips and Strategies for Clearing SAT Preparing for SAT
The mere thought of cracking the SAT test can be never wrecking for most of the students. However, the test itself is no rocket science. Mentioned below are a few simple guidelines that can help you attain a good SAT score.
- It is essential to start studying well in time for the SAT test. You should consider studying at least 4 months before the SAT exam
- SAT has various questions to test diction and reading comprehension skills in the verbal section. Reading newspapers, novels, watching English movies will prove to be quite beneficial. Make sure to check the dictionary for unfamiliar words
- You should try to incorporate the new learned words in your every day usage
- It is advisable to make a note of every word that you learn along with its meaning in a small diary. Make sentences with those words so as to comprehend their usage better. Keep this diary handy and scan through the pages whenever you get time
- It's a good idea to learn groups of words in multiples. Learn prefixes, suffixes and root meanings. Take for example the prefix "ex". It means out or away. Now think of similar words such as exterior, exit, extrinsic or extrapolate. You can easily guess that extrinsic means external to as it is another ex word
- It is important to hone your writing skills for the writing section in the SAT test. The easiest and most reliable way is to maintain a journal
- It is important to work on logic puzzles. SAT is known to test logical reasoning skills of a candidate. You can easily purchase logic puzzle books from bookstores and practice on an everyday basis
- During the course of your SAT preparation if you use calculator frequently, feel free to take the calculator to the exam. However, students who are not well versed with the use of calculator will gain little from its use during the exam
Study the previous SAT test papers well now! The time to learn the test directions is before the paper and not during the paper. Every minute spend reading the instructions is a minute less for solving the answers
Dates and Deadlines SAT is administered 7 times a year for students in U.S., Puerto Rico, and U.S. Territories. But, for overseas students, the SAT is offered only 6 times each calendar year