Trainers' Training ProgrammeEntrepreneurship Development Institute of India
Price on request
It is increasingly being realised that Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, particularly outside the fold of agriculture, offer greater scope for self-employment and micro enterprise creation. A planned and comprehensive effort needs to be made to create rural entrepreneurs through training intervention. This calls for an approach which develops and nurtures the latent entrepreneurial potential in rural areas and links the same with economically viable opportunities. Though NGOs and other Government and Semi-Government agencies operating at the grass-root level (GRAs) have certain strengths to work at the grassroot level, they themselves are set with some major constraints to adapt and transform RED approach, as they do not have trained personnel to undertake the task of organising REDPs, which is a very specialised training programme. Looking into the magnitude of the work involved and the constraints confronted by the NGO sector and GRAs, the need for a specially designed Rural Entrepreneurship Development Trainers' Training Programme for personnel /extension workers of NGOs and GRAs can hardly be over emphasised. It is felt that in order to institutionalise the RED strategy in the NGO sector, strengthening the existing NGO/ GRA man-power becomes essential. EDI therefore organises training programme to further strengthen the NGOs and GRAs by developing their cadres for effectively launching and managing RED activities.
Promoting micro enterprises is now a well-accepted means to facilitate economic development in rural areas. The Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) are contributing substantially to the process. Building capacities of such institutions to assist rural youth in assuming entrepreneurial identity has paid rich dividends. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI) is also contributing to the process by developing a cadre of Rural Entrepreneur Trainer-Motivators who in turn create entrepreneurs at the grassroots level. With a view to strengthening the capacities and skills of Rural Entrepreneur Trainer-Motivatros, EDI is organising an Advanced Trainers' Training Programme on Rural Entrepreneurship Development.
This programme aims to;
* sensitize participants to complexities and challenges in micro enterprise creation and management
* help the participants become aware of the process of Micro Entrepreneurship Development,
* help the participants develop competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) required to identify, select, train and assist potential entrepreneurs to set up and manage micro enterprises
Consistent with the objectives, the programme will have the following key input modules
* Micro enterprise development concept, strategy and relevance.
* Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) - an overview.
* Identification and selection of potential entrepreneurs.
* Process of Business Opportunity Identification and Guidance to entrepreneurs in opportunity choice.
* Process of preparing a simple Business Plan incorporating feasibility assessment of a micro enterprise and facilitating potential entrepreneurs to prepare sound project plans.
* Designing a situation specific training intervention for entrepreneurship development.
* Implementation and management of an EDP
* Process of developing entrepreneurial competencies.
* Mechanisms to provide counselling and follow-up support to potential entrepreneurs for launching the ventures.
The programme is designed to be highly participative making use of several adult and experiential learning tools like conceptual notes, simulation exercise, role plays, case studies, group exercises, apart from lecture discussion-sessions.
Participants will be encouraged to share and reflect on their real life experiences.