Upgrading Veritas NetBackup 6 0 to 6 5 for UNIX and WindowsRPS Consulting pvt Ltd
DP0176 Upgrading Veritas NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5 for UNIX and Windows
Course Content :: Duration :: Course Fees
INR 50000.0 plus service taxes
This Upgrading Veritas NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5 for UNIX
After attending this course, you will be able to:
· Determine if a system will support NBU 6.5.
· Determine if all the required software is installed.
· Perform a clean installation of NBU 6.5 and verify that it installed correctly.
· Given a NetBackup domain, identify the appropriate upgrade paths for each of the servers and clients.
· Perform an upgrade from NBU 5.x or 6.0 to NBU 6.5 on both Solaris and Windows.
· Identify the new tape and disk reports in the Administration Console GUI and in NOM.
· Identify the enhancements in the NetBackup Support Utility (NBSU).
· Describe how NetBackup 6.5 has enhanced media sharing.
· Configure media groups and media ownership.
· Maximize tape utilization using the "Maximum number of partially full media" setting.
· Take advantage of storage servers and disk pools.
· Configure disk spanning.
· Share disk resources (SSO for disk).
· Configure and use data classifications, storage lifecycle policies, and lifecycle-based policies.
· Discuss the enhanced product release process.
· Identify the components of NetBackup LiveUpdate and how they work.
· Set up NetBackup LiveUpdate and use it to manage NetBackup software maintenance.
· Use storage unit groups to load balance media servers.
· Discuss SAN clients and identify the difference between a SAN Media Server and a SAN Client.
· Discuss the Virtual Tape Option and OpenStorage.
· Identify the benefits and features of NetBackup PureDisk.
You should have working knowledge of NetBackup 6.0.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for technical professionals with prior NetBackup
Duration :5 Days
Course Fees :INR 50000.0 plus service taxes
INR 55150.00 inclusive of service taxes
Course Content :
NetBackup 6.5 Overview
· Overview of Product Changes
· Changes to NetBackup 6.5 Installation
· Bare Metal Restore (BMR) Enhancements
· NOM and Miscellaneous Enhancements
Upgrading to NetBackup 6.5
· Upgrade Essentials
· Upgrade Procedures (UNIX and Windows)
· Upgrade Troubleshooting
· Reporting Enhancements Overview
· Tape Reporting Enhancements
· Disk Reporting Enhancements
· Command-Line Interface (CLI) Reporting Enhancements
· NOM Reporting Enhancements
· NetBackup Support Utility (NBSU) Enhancements
Managing Media Sharing
· Introduction to Media Sharing
· Media Groups
· Maximizing Tape Utilization
· Media Ownership
Using Disk Storage in NetBackup 6.5
· New Configuration Elements
· Disk Spanning
· Sharing Disk Resources
Configuring Advanced Staging
· Lifecycle-Based Staging
· Expiration and Retention
· Configuring Data Classifications
· Configuring Storage Lifecycle Policies
· Configuring Lifecycle-Based Policies
· Lifecycle-Based Command Enhancements
Managing Software Updates
· Introduction to NetBackup LiveUpdate
· Setting Up NetBackup LiveUpdate
· Using NetBackup LiveUpdate
Specialized Backup Solutions in NetBackup 6.5
· Media Server Load Balancing
· NetBackup SAN Client
· Snapshot Client and VMWare
· Virtual Tape Solutions
· PureDisk Integration
Related Courses (Before)
Related Courses (After)