Veritas NetBackup 6 5 VaultRPS Consulting pvt Ltd
DP5497 Veritas NetBackup 6.5 Vault
Course Content :: Duration :: Course Fees
INR 20000.0 plus service taxes
Storage managers and network administrators will learn how to use Veritas NetBackup Vault to automate offsite media rotation and tracking. Veritas NetBackup Vault performs tape duplication, backs up the NetBackup
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
· Explain the benefits of using NetBackup Vault.
· Plan your NetBackup Vault implementation.
· Install NetBackup Vault on both UNIX and Windows platforms.
· Configure NetBackup to use NetBackup Vault.
· Manage vaulting sessions.
· Generate Vault reports.
· Administer vault operations, such as notifications and offsite storage functions.
· Perform disaster recovery in a NetBackup Vault environment.
· Troubleshoot problems you may encounter with NetBackup Vault.
You should have experience administering Veritas NetBackup on a Microsoft Windows or UNIX platform.
Familiarity with storage management principles, including data protection and disaster recovery, is desirable.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for NetBackup administrators and operators responsible for installing the Vault option,duplicating backup images, managing media to be stored offsite, coordinating media shipments between a data center and an offsite location, and running Vault reports.
Duration :2 Days
Course Fees :INR 20000.0 plus service taxes
INR 22060.00 inclusive of service taxes
Course Content :
· About This Course
· Symantec's Education and Support Resources
· NetBackup Vault 6.5 Differences
· What is Vault?
· Benefits of Using Vault
· Vault Architecture
· Navigating Vault
Planning Your Vault Integration
· Planning Considerations
· Best Practices
· Sample Vault Environments
· System Requirements
· Installing Vault
· Upgrading to NetBackup Vault 6.5
· Preparing NetBackup for Vault
· Configuring Vault
· Running and Monitoring Vault Sessions
· Managing Vault Images
· Ejecting Media Manually
· Injecting Media
· Using Containers
· Vault Report Types
· Generating and Viewing Reports
· Using Notification
· Preparing Media for Offsite Storage
· Receiving Tapes from the Vault Vendor
Using Vault for Disaster Recovery
· Disaster Recovery in a Vault Environment
· Preparing for Recovery
· Recovering NetBackup
· Recovering Data
· Point-in-Time Recovery
· Vault Process Flow
· Vault File and Directory Structure
· Vault Log Files
· Troubleshooting Common Vault Problems
· Recovering Damaged Tapes
Related Courses (Before)
Related Courses (After)