VNB Veritas NetBackup 6 5 for Oracle for SolarisRPS Consulting pvt Ltd
VNB Veritas NetBackup 6.5 for Oracle for Solaris
Course Content :: Duration :: Course Fees
INR 30000.0 plus service taxes
Veritas NetBackup 6.5 for Oracle for Solaris
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
· Identify components of the Oracle architecture.
· Establish and manage a recovery catalog and link it to the target database.
· Install the Veritas NetBackup for Oracle extension and link it with RMAN.
· Perform offline (cold) and online (hot) backups of complete Oracle databases in addition to specific components.
· Establish backup policies specifically for Oracle databases.
· Create RMAN scripts and templates using Veritas NetBackup for Oracle wizards.
This course is designed with consideration to both DBAs and system administrators.
A basic familiarity with operating Veritas NetBackup is expected.
Knowledge of Oracle9i is desirable, but not required.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for database administrators
Duration :3 Days
Course Fees :INR 30000.0 plus service taxes
INR 33090.00 inclusive of service taxes
Course Content :
· Oracle Architecture
· Oracle Instance
· Environment Variables and Functions
· Database Queries
· Oracle Alert Log and Trace Files
Database Backup and Restore Fundamentals
· Database Failures
· Types of Database Backups
· Protecting Your Databases
· The NetBackup Environment
· NetBackup Concepts
· NetBackup Notify Scripts
RMAN Concepts and Backup Operations
· RMAN Architecture
· RMAN Commands
· RMAN Backups
· RMAN Configuration
· The RMAN Recovery Catalog
NetBackup for Oracle Installation and Configuration
· Installing NBUO
· Configuring NBUO with RMAN
Performing Backups Using NetBackup for Oracle with RMAN
· Configuring a NetBackup for Oracle Policy
· Managing the Run-Time Environment
· Using Shell Scripts
· The NetBackup for Oracle Wizard
· Testing the NetBackup for Oracle Configuration
Simple Restore and Recovery Operations
· Restore Operations
· Shell Scripts and Templates
RMAN Recovery Catalog Management
· Recovery Catalog Maintenance
· Storing Scripts
· Querying the Recovery Catalog
· Managing the Repository
· Backing Up and Recovering the Recovery Catalog
Advanced RMAN Recovery Topics
· Recovering Critical Files
· Incomplete Recovery
· Database Recovery Challenges
· Redirecting Restores
RMAN Management and Monitoring
· RMAN Compatability Issues
· RMAN Tuning
Related Courses (Before)
Related Courses (After)