VNBU Veritas NetBackup 6 x for UNIX AdministrationRPS Consulting pvt Ltd
VNBU Veritas NetBackup 6.x for UNIX, Administration
Course Content :: Duration :: Course Fees
INR 50000.0 plus service taxes
This course provides instruction on NetBackup 6.5, and it covers how to develop and implement a storage management strategy.
This course provides instruction on NetBackup 6.5, and it covers how to develop and implement a storage management strategy. At the completion of the course, you will be able to:
· Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today's enterprises.
· Describe the function of the master, media, and EMM servers and clients.
· Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
· Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
· Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
· Identify NBU options and agents.
· Install and verify NetBackup and NOM.
· Use the NBU Administration Console and NOM.
· Add robots and drives.
· Configure storage units, storage unit groups, volumes, and volume pools.
· Manage volumes.
· Configure policy attributes and schedules.
· Identify the available policy types.
· Define which files, directories, and clients to back up.
· Monitor and troubleshoot backup jobs.
· Restore files and monitor restore jobs.
· Describe how NetBackup selects which media to use.
· Distribute client software.
· Verify, duplicate, expire, and import backup images.
· Back up and recover NBU catalogs.
Use NetBackup LiveUpdate to perform maintenance on your NetBackup environment.
· Configure multiple data streams, multiplexing, synthetic backups, true image restores, and checkpoint restart.
· Configure media groups and media ownership for media sharing.
· Configure and manage disk pools.
· Configure advanced staging using storage lifecycle policies.
· Identify master server, EMM, media server, and client processes or services.
· Identify the resources available for troubleshooting.
Students should be familiar with the administration and configuration of the platforms that are covered by the course.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for the design, performance optimization, and troubleshooting of NetBackup.
Course Fees :INR 50000.0 plus service taxes
INR 55150.00 inclusive of service taxes
Course Content :
· The Challenges of Enterprise Backup
· The NetBackup Environment
· NetBackup Concepts
· NetBackup Options and Agents
Installing and Configuring NetBackup
· Preinstallation Considerations
· Installing and Verifying Your NetBackup Application
· Installing NetBackup Clients
· Configuring NetBackup
· Upgrade Considerations
· Troubleshooting NetBackup Installation Issues
Introduction to NetBackup Interfaces
· The NetBackup Administration Console
· The Command-Line Interface (CLI)
· NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM)
· The Reporting Tools Table
Configuring Tape Devices
· Shared Tape Drives
· Adding Robots
· Adding Tape Drives
· Monitoring Shared Tape Drives
· Monitoring and Maintaining Devices
· Troubleshooting Devices
Configuring Storage Units
· Storage Units
· Configuring Storage Units
· Troubleshooting Storage Units
· Configuring Volume Pools
· Configuring Volumes
· Managing Physical Volumes
· Troubleshooting Volumes
· Creating and Configuring Policy Attributes
· Creating a Policy Schedule
· Adding Clients to a Policy
· Creating Backup Selections
· Troubleshooting Policies
Performing Backups and Restores
· Performing Manual Backup Operations
· Performing Restore Operations
· Troubleshooting Problems with Backups and Restores
· Media States
· How NetBackup Selects Media
· Determining Media Status
· Troubleshooting Media-Related Issues
Administrative Tasks and Challenges
· Distributing Client Software
· Managing Images
· Backup Copies and Duplication
· Managing Busy Files
Performing Catalog Backups and Restores
· NetBackup Catalogs
· Catalog Backups
· Manual Catalog Backup Configuration
· Disaster Recovery
· Troubleshooting and Reporting
Managing Software Updates
· Introduction to NetBackup LiveUpdate
· Setting Up NetBackup LiveUpdate on UNIX
· Setting Up NetBackup LiveUpdate on Windows
· Completing the LiveUpdate Setup
· Using NetBackup LiveUpdate
Customizing Backup Policies
· Using Multiple Data Streams
· Multiplexing Backup Images
· Specialized Backup Solutions
· Additional Policy Options
Managing Media Sharing
· Introduction to Media Sharing
· Configuring Media Sharing
· Maximizing Tape Utilization
· SCSI Reservations
Using Disk Pools
· Introduction to Disk Features
· Pooling Disk Resources
· Configuring Disk Pools
· Managing Disk Pools
Using Storage Lifecycles
· Introduction to Storage Lifecycles
· Satisfying Storage Lifecycle Prerequisites
· Creating a Storage Lifecycle Policy
· Additional Storage Lifecycle Considerations
· A Storage Lifecycle Example
Working with Support
· Support Resources
· NetBackup Processes, Services, and Daemons
· Enabling Debug Logs
Related Courses (Before)
Related Courses (After)