Workshop Programme in Country/ Product Specific ExportEntrepreneurship Development Institute of India
Price on request
To face the challenges of an open economy, the Small Scale Enterprises (SSEs) which form a very vital part of the Indian business, have to gear up to internationalise their operations. The SSEs have the advantage of flexibility and adaptability, vital for maintaining competitiveness in the international market. But unfortunately, lack of knowledge about international business environment, marketing techniques, procedures and formalities of export, forex management and some other factors severely restrict the scope of their export.
EDI, therefore, planned a series of workshops, each dealing with a specific country, aiming at enhancement of general export competencies of SSI units.
Some of the common objectives of these workshops can be listed as below :
* impart necessary general knowledge on export marketing, procedure and documentation, costing and pricing, terms of payment, export finance and insurance and role of various export promotion organisations, method of assessing export capability of individual units
* familiarise the participants with the existing business opportunities in the specific country
* discuss with the participants various marketing strategy for promoting exports to the selected country
* identify products which have good market potential
* inform the participants about various export promotion schemes offered by SIDBI to small scale exporters
* apprise them on how to promote joint ventures and technical collaborations among small and medium enterprises from India and the select countries.
The following categories of people have participated in the workshop:
* Small scale entrepreneurs interested in starting export operations
* Existing small scale exporters who would like to explore the international markets
* Potential entrepreneurs
* In order to fulfill the above objectives, the workshops are designed in such a way that they ensure maximum interaction between the participants and experts on various subjects. Experienced professionals, well-known academicians, industrialists and government and banking officials take interactive sessions.