CAT is the entrance exam for more than 100 institutes including the 7 IIMs. The competition in this exam is very stiff as you would be competing with the best brains from across the country which is why the preparation required should be very rigorous.
The CAT paper has been a 150 minute test in recent years. The questions in the CAT paper test ones conceptual clarity and are therefore quite tricky in nature. Therefore one needs systematic practice and skill to be able to do well on this test. Let's look at test patterns of CAT and other national level MBA entrance tests.
T.I.M.E.'s training program for CAT is tailor-made to prepare you for other entrance exams like XAT, ATMA, MAT and JMET
As you are aware, T.I.M.E. is the foremost institute in the field of training and counseling, founded by graduates from IIM, IIT and XLRI. A professionally run institute which has the best experience and track record to train you for CAT.
To crack CAT and other premier management entrance exams, you need to go through a structured and focused training program that only a professional institute like T.I.M.E. can offer. T.I.M.E. has all the qualities that an institute should have to give the best to the aspiring students.
T.I.M.E.'s CAT & other National level MBA Entrance examinations - includes Class Room Coaching, Quality Study Material, Test Papers, Comprehensive test, All India MOCK CATs (AIMCATs), Seminars, Personalized Counseling, Doubt clearing sessions and more .Complete details of what we offer is explained below in detail.
T.I.M.E.'s class room Course options:
1) Super long-term course: The duration of this course is 12 - 15 months. This course is ideal for students in their pre-final year of graduation.
2) Long-term course: The duration of the course is 5-12 months.
3) Crash course: T.I.M.E. offers crash course at two different points of time. a) During the months of May/June/July, where most of the colleges have holidays. We offers crash course to the students who cannot join the regular course on account of non-availability of T.I.M.E. centre at the place where they study b) 2-3 months before CAT exam.
4) AIMCAT series: Ideal for the students who have gone through training program for CAT and would like to keep in touch with the competition and be in the race. This package consists of 20 All India Mock CATs (AIMCATs) with comprehensive Online feedback.
5) GD/Interview module: Students who opt for courses 1, 2 & 3 will get this module as an integral part of the course. However, this course is offered at different points of time i) Offered in the months of Jan/Feb/March - soon after the written test results of the management schools are declared. ii) Offered as a package to engineering/degree/MBA/MCA colleges - which will help their wards in campus placement and personality development.
T.I.M.E. courses will take you right from the basics like - reading skill improvement, vocabulary improvement, calculation speed improvement, basics of Mathematics, GD & Interview basics. This will give students the much needed grounding in basics and thereby enable them to acquire the skills to tackle more complex and difficult questions.
Courses 1 & 2 will run till the CAT exam. This training will by and large take care of your preparation for CET for MBA (Common entrance test) conducted by different states. CET aspirants can join T.I.M.E.'s Mock test series of CET for their preparation.
The courseware ensures comprehensive coverage of all basic concepts, solved examples, shortcuts and strategies for improving performance. The test papers of previous years are studied and on the basis of this research, study material and test papers are prepared so that you get the best possible material for your preparation. Our courseware is acknowledged by students as the best in the country, and the most up-to-date. No other institute can match us in giving such focused and well-structured course material.
The course comprises of six modules:
1. Basic Training: Helps you develop basic knowledge and skill levels for various areas that are tested in CAT and other management entrance tests. The fundamental concepts are taught in great detail. Special assistance is available to non-mathematics students to help them improve their quantitative skills.
2. Section-wise Testing: This module tests, evaluates and helps you hone your skills through individual test papers and helps you achieve thoroughness in each individual test area. Here you will know the sections and areas that you are weak in and how to improve your performance in these areas.
3. Overall Evaluation: Here you are tested and evaluated with a large number of comprehensive test papers modeled along the lines of recent CAT papers. This gives an indication of where you stand and helps you develop the strategy to tackle the paper.
4. All-India Mock CATs (AIMCATs): 20 AIMCATs are conducted on an all-India basis, replicating the format and the environment of the actual test. They will give you a near-real experience of writing the CAT. Our AIMCATs are acknowledged as the best in the market and the closest that is there to the actual CAT. Continuous tests along with a rigorous analysis of paper will go a long way in preparing you for the actual exam.
5. Training for Other Exams: Our CAT Course also prepares you for entrance exams like XAT, JMET, SNAP, ATMA, MAT as well as for various other management entrance tests in the country.
6. GD & Interview Training: Prepares you for the final stage in the selection process of management institutes. You will go through a number of mock GDs and Interviews to give you sufficient practice. You will receive professional guidance and extensive feedback from our panel of experts on your performance in these mock GDs and Interviews.
Individual Attention and Doubt Clearing Sessions
Individual Attention: Students are able to clear their doubts in the class, thanks to a conscious decision to keep batch strengths low. In addition, students can discuss their performance and their preparation plan with faculty members on an individual basis. Doubt Clearing Sessions: There will also be doubt-clearing sessions (with prior appointment) at our offices where students can get their doubts cleared by expert faculty members.
Eco-Basics/Strategy Sessions/Institute Selection
Special Seminars/Video/Audio sessions are held on topics/issues that are critical to a student's selection into a top management institute.
a) Economics Basics: Here, we teach basic concepts and issues related to the economy and explain a number of economy-related terms.
b) Test-taking Strategies: This session will help you build your strategy in successfully tackling any entrance exam paper. Strategy is all about how you can maximise your score in the two hours that you have for answering a test paper.
c) Institute Selection: This session dwells upon the issues involved in selecting the management institutes that you want to apply to. It helps you to aim for those Management institutes where you stand the best chance of getting selected.