Students have to learn FOUR COMPULSORY papers and ONE ELECTIVE paper in the course.
1. Export Documentation & Govt. Policy(100 marks)
Introduction - Exim policy - customs act - other acts relating to export/import - formalities for commencing - customs formalities - export documentation - project exports - export of services - export of excisable goods - import documentation - clearance of import goods - 100% export oriented units - export processing zones - special economic zones - duty drawback procedure - export/import by post customs house agents - import of different products - import/export incentives - import licenses
2. Export Marketing(100 Marks)
Introduction - Marketing Terms - International Marketing Environment - Entry to foreign markets - Strategies - Support Institutes to facilitate exports - Market research and its planning - Groupings of Countries -IMF - World Bank - Export Correspondence and Pricing - Electronic Trade - Theories of Trade - Trade Cycles - Mechanics of protection - Balance of Payment - Channels of Distribution - Export of projects and services
3. Export Finance(100 Marks)
Basic concepts of foreign exchange - Methods of International Payment Settlement - International Commercial Terms - Letter of Credit - Exchange Control Regulations for imports and exports - Export Financing - Pre-Shipment finance - Post Shipment Finance - EXIM Bank of India - ECGC - Demand Guarantees and Standby Letter of Credit - Forfeiting and Factoring - Case Studies
4. Shipping & Packaging(100 Marks)
Shipping & Marine Insurance Terminology - General Info on Shipping - Types of Containers and Ships - Containerization - Marine Insurance - Air Transportation - Bill of Lading/Air Way Bill/Sea Way Bill - Maritime Fraud - Packaging Introduction - Mechanical tests - Climatic tests - Stretch Wrapping - Cushioning materials - Shrink packaging - packaging cost - Lab testing - International Care, Labeling code
Students will have to select MINIMUM ONE of the optional subjects given below and indicate the choice in the application form )
1. Agriculture Exports( 100 Marks ) : Introduction to Agriculture - Forms of Agriculture -
Product Catalogue - Export Statistics of Agricultural Products - Marketing of Agricultural Products - Pricing of Agricultural Products - EU regulation of Imports - Quality Standards - Role of Export Promotion Councils and Development programs - Technology Advancement on Agricultural products - Appendix (a) Inland and overseas trade fairs participated , (b) Import Policy Extracts, (c) Business Opportunities.
2. Apparel ( Garment ) Exports( 100 Marks ) : Introduction - Quota system and its phase out - Markets - Competition - SWOT analysis - Items under garments and specifications - Production of Fabric and garments - Defects in knitted fabrics and in stitching - Quality Inspection - major defects and minor defects - AEPC and Textile Committee - Special schemes for import and duty drawback for garments - Garment Export Entitlement Policy - Documentation - Packaging - Import fairs and Exhibitions.
3. Carpet Exports( 100 Marks ) : Introduction - Importance of Carpet - Types of Carpets - Export & Import Statistics - Marketing of Carpets - Product Catalogue - Production of Carpets - Quality Control - Trade Fair Exhibition - Appendix.
4. Chemical Exports(100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Chemicals - Overview - Export Statistics - Types of Chemicals - Product Catalogue - Marketing - Quality Control - Environment Protection - Chemical Fair - Appendix.
5. Dyes Exports(100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Dyes - Classification of Dyes - Export Statistics - Marketing - Environment Control - Quality Control - Export Promotion - Appendix I - Appendix II.
6. Electronic Goods(100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Electronics - Segments of Electronic Industry - Electronic Policy - Export statistics - Product certification - Marketing - Quality control - Trade fairs - Appendix.
7. Engineering Exports(100 Marks) : Introduction - Export Performance - Markets competition - Role of EXIM Bank - Fairs & Exhibitions - Packaging norms - Export Marketing - EEPC and its role - Leading Market Trends - Statistics - Glossary - Role of Inspection Agencies Exim policy Aspects.
8. Floriculture Exports(100 Marks)
Introduction to Floriculture - Kinds of Floriculture - Product Catalogue - Marketing of Floriculture Products - Export Statistics - Plant Quarantine and other control procedures - EU regulation - Export Promotion Council - Quality Standards - Recent advancements - Appendix (a) Buyer Seller meets (b) Import policy abstracts.
Promotion schemes - product development - Technical aspects of gold jewellery - Role of export Promotion Council.
10. Glass & glassware exports (100 Marks) : Introduction, types of glass & glassware, latest development in glass & glassware, HS code, Export statistics, marketing, quality control, export promotion council, trade fairs.
11. Granite exports (100 Marks) : Introduction, types of stones, major stone application, HS code for granite marble and stone, export statistics, marketing, quality control, AIGSA export promotion council, trade fairs, & Exhibitions.
12. Handicrafts & Gift Item Exports (100 Marks) Introduction - Export Performance - Markets - Brass items - Gift items - Market trends - Statistics - Glossary - Fairs & exhibitions.
13. Handloom Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Categorization of Handloom exports - Study of markets - Competition - Sourcing of markets - Distribution - Latent & Incipient markets - Packaging - Role of Export Promotion Council - Export projection till 2006 - Detailed analysis of Handloom exports to important markets - strategy for Boosting exports.
14. Leather Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - A profile of Industry - Leather manufacture - Grading - Quality control - Animal and Tannery bye-products - Leather products - Technical aspect of footwear manufacture - Garment construction - Machinery - Role of CLE - Credit rate entitlement scheme and drawback.
15. Marine Product Exports (100 Marks) : Indian Marine Products Export Industry - Production - Species - wise Marine fish landings in India - Marine products exported - Processing of marine products - Processing of Beche-De-Mer - Dried fish processing - Sea food packaging - Sea food Quality management in India - Marketing - MPEDA and its role.
16. Pharmaceutical Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Major exports - Export statistics - Classification of drugs - Marketing - Pricing - Role of Export Promotion Council - Drug control - Comparison of Customs and Drugs Central Vole in Export and impact - Appendix.
17. Plantation Crops Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Plantation crops - Tea - Coffee - Rubber - Coconut - Appendix.
18. Plastic Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of plastics - Export statistics - Product catalogue - Marketing - Quality control - CIPET - Environment control - Export Promotion Council - Trade fairs and exhibitions - Appendix.
19. Power loom & Mill made (100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Powerloom & Mill made textiles - Textile policy - Types of textiles - Export statistics - Marketing - Product catalogue - Export Promotion Council - Process - Quality assurance - Trade fairs - Appendix.
20. Shellac Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Shellac - Evolution of Shellac - Types of shellac - Export statistics - Marketing - Product catalogue - Export Promotion Council - Process - Quality assurance - Trade fairs - Appendix.
21. Silk Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of silk - Silk in World markets - Textile policy - Marketing - Export statistics - Quotas - Quality control - Trade fairs - Appendix.
22. Software Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Software export market - Destinations - Competition - Types of software - Emerging areas like IT enabled services - IT act - Schemes of Govt. of India for software export - EPZ, EOU, STP etc. - Policy of Govt. of India for software - Incentives - Funding - Infrastructure facilities - Quality assurance - SOFTEX form - Market share - Tips for exporters.
23. Spices Exports (100 Marks) : Introduction - Types of spices - Export statistics - Prices - Marketing - American specifications - European specifications - Quality control - Spices products - Appendix ( spices ), Areca nut, Cashew, Coir, Cocoa.
24. Synthetic and Rayon Textile Exports(100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Synthetic Textiles - Types of synthetic textiles - Export statistics - Marketing - Product catalogue - Export Promotion Council - Quality control - Environment protection - Trade fairs & exhibitions - Appendix
25. Wool Exports(100 Marks) : Introduction - Importance of Wool - Types of wool - Types of woollen products - Export statistics - marketing - Quota - Product catalogue - processing of wool - Spinning of wool - Export Promotion Council - Quality control - Trade fairs & exhibition - Appendix.