The JSS Medical College offers MS OBG course to its students. Students will be admitted to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses in the constituent college of JSS University, JSS Medical College, Mysore & JSS Dental College, Mysore, on the basis of the rank list prepared by the University from the test scores obtained by them in the Comed-K PGET Test
* 15% of total seats are reserved for NRI / Foreign / Management.
* 5% of the seats are reserved for Institutional preference.
1. The counseling sessions will be conducted at JSS University, JSS Medical Institutions Campus, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagar, Mysore - 570 015, Karnataka. The date will be displayed on the University Website later. FAILURE TO REPORT FOR COUNSELLING ON THE SCHEDULED DATE AND TIME WILL RESULT IN INSTANTANEOUS CANCELLATION OF CLAIM OF THE CANDIDATE TO THE SEAT; it shall be candidate's responsibility to see the result of JSSU rank list.
2. The candidate should remain present for the counseling and for on-the-spot-admission, as per the schedule displayed on Website, even though he / she fail to receive any information letter, for any reason from the University.
3. Only the candidate and one of his parents / guardian will be allowed into the hall where counseling is held. The candidates will be called in the order of their ranking in the merit list and offered the seats to the various courses available at that point of time. The candidate will be allowed to choose admission to any of the courses if a seat is available when his / her turn comes.
4. The candidate must note that appearance for the examination and inclusion of name in the Merit List does not necessarily mean that he / she will get admission to any course. His / her admission to a particular course will depend upon the availability of seats for that particular course at the time of counseling.
5. At the time of reporting for the counseling, the candidate is required to produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies) list mentioned in (Annexure -II). If the candidate is admitted to any of the courses, these documents will be retained by the University till he / she completes the course. If the candidate fails to produce all or any of the documents mentioned above he / she will instantaneously forfeit his / her claim for a seat.
6. The candidates in the merit list prepared by JSS University, Mysore, on the basis of marks obtained by them at the Comed-K PGET 2010 will be called as per their ranks for counseling and on-the-spot admission to the various courses and colleges.
MCI/DCI Norms: Medical and Dental PG Degree and Diploma Courses:
Every student, selected for admission to the Post-Graduate medical/dental course in any of the medical institutions in the country, shall possess recognized M.B.B.S/B.D.S degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent Registration from the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, or any of the State Medical / Dental Council or should obtain the same within one month from the date of the admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled. Provided that in the case of a foreign national, the MCI/DCI may, on payment of the prescribed fee for the registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post-Graduate training restricted to the medical college/ institute to which the applicant is admitted for the time being exclusively for postgraduate studies; provided further, that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subjected to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his own country from which the applicant has obtained his/her basic medical qualification and that his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding medical council or concerned authority. If the candidate fails to fulfill the relevant eligibility requirements as mentioned above he/she will not be considered eligible for admission for Medical /Dental PG Degree and Diploma courses.