B.D.S.Aligarh Muslim University
Price on request
Department of Pharmacology was established in 1964 for teaching MBBS; Post graduation (M.D.-Pharmacology) started in 1971; Diploma in Pharmacy was taught from 1991 to 2006 and BDS teaching started in 1971.
Thrust Areas : Teaching of various aspects of Pharmacology including Therapeutics and Toxicology, Experimental Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Research Areas : Clinical Pharmacology, Immunopharmacology, Pharmacovigilance, Indigenous Drug Research, Trace elements study, Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Thermoregulation and Chemotherapy.
Research Publications : Approximately 735 (in various national & international Journals).
Books published by the faculty members : 7
Degree Awarded till date : D.Sc. -2, Ph.D. - 1, M.D. - 38.
Seminar library : Air conditioned, Well furnished, Moderate capacity (20 persons), equipped with LCD projector, over head projector, Slide projector and all important books related to Pharmacology available (Faculty library of JNMC provides other books & Periodicals to the dept. library when needed).
1. AAS lab. (Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer lab.) : Equipped with E.C.L. Double Beam Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer with lamps for measurement of elements e.g. Cu, Zn, Pb, Hg, Mg, Mn, Fe etc; electronic single pan balance; Double distillation plant & other usable glass wares. Fully Computerized & Air Conditioned.
2. CAL lab. : A big size lab. of working capacity of 50 persons, well furnished with sufficient number of computers with softwares for experimental Pharmacology, internet facility & LCD projector etc.
3. Chemical lab.: Equipped with Double Beam Spectrophotometer, HPLC, ELISA Reader, Centrifuge machine, Oven etc., Fully Air conditioned & well furnished.
4. Clinical Pharmacology lab. : ECG machine, Trade mill, Multi choice apparatus, Time sense apparatus, Hand steadiness apparatus, Plethysmometer, Sphygmomanometer, Stethoscope, Haemoglobinometer, Haemocytometer, Physiograph with transducers for ECG, EEG, EMG, Pulseoxymeter etc.
5. Experimental lab. : Analgesiometer mark III & mark IV with cold heat stress, Eddy's hot plate, Convulsiometer, Frog heart perfusion assembly, Poll climbing apparatus, Aggressometer, Stimulators for nerve muscle & muscle preparation, Student Isolated organ bath, Student kymographs, Histamine chamber, Computers with LCD projector & internet facility.
6. Pharmacy lab. : Working capacity of 50 persons, well furnished, Computerized with LCD projector & over head projector facility, Tablet dissolution apparatus, Tablet Disintegration apparatus, Tablet Friability apparatus, Seiwes of all sizes, Capsule counting machine, Tablet machine & Tablet polishing pan, Tablet coating pan, Tablet counter, Ball mill, Soxhlet apparatus, Ampoule washing machine, Ampoule filling & sealing machine, Ampoule clarity test apparatus, Bottle filling machine, Bottle sealing machine, Blender, Conical percolator, Continuous hot extraction equipment, Collapsible tube filling & sealing machine, Capsule filling machine and Hand grinding mill, Tincture press & Balances.
7. Post Graduate lab.: Equipped with Polygraph, Research kymograph, Physiograph with transducers for B.P., respiration, muscle contraction, volume displacement, ECG, EEG, EMG, strain gauze, Double tube organ bath, Telethermometer, Temperature recorder, Stereotaxic instruments for dog, cat & small animals & their head holders, Surgical tables & lamps, various mazes, Swimming test apparatus, Rota rod apparatus, BOD incubator, Refrigerators, Analytical balance, Boyles apparatus, Cushney's Myocardiograph lever, ICV cannula, Counting chamber, Cross circulation pump, Dental drill, Electrical cautery with knife, Various electrodes, Perfusion assembly, Respiration pumps, Electronic stimulators etc.