B.E (Biomedical and Instrumentation Engineering)U.V.Patel College of Engineering
Price on request
Since the inception of B.E.[Biomedical and Instrumentation Engineering] course in 2001 within the span of 2yrs, the department of Biomedical and Instrumentation Engineering is well posed to cater the needs of the course. It is equipped with well-developed laboratories to satisfy the course curriculum of various subjects related especially to the biomedical field. The laboratories are well equipped and accommodated in the space area as per AICTE norms. Presently the course is running with well equipped Biomedical related laboratories and library books.
The faculty members are highly related to the course curriculum in Biomedical engineering subjects by their qualifications and experience. Besides this the supporting core subjects related to Electronics, Computer and Control Engineering are adequately supported by the faculties of Electronics and Computer Department of the college.
Role of the Biomedical Engineer:
A biomedical engineer performs the following tasks:
- Design new medical monitoring, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of equipment
- Plan data processing services and the development of associated computing programs
- Design and deliver technology to assist people with disabilities
- Analyze and design prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Measure and monitor physiological systems
- Diagnose and interpret, bioelectric data using signal processing techniques
- Design and develop equipment for medical imaging to display anatomical detail or physiological function
- Implementation of the code and practice of hospital standards. The biomedical engineering department imparts the knowledge to the students and prepares them to play an important role when they go to the field jobs to aid the Human Health Services