B.Sc Catering Science & Hotel ManagementKovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
The Department of Catering Science & Hotel Management is well equipped in all sectors of Hotel and Catering Industry. It enriches the students in various fields like Food Production, Bakery and Confectionery, Food & Beverage service, Bar Tending etc.
The Department is having well equipped lab facilities like Basic Training Kitchen, Quantity Training Kitchen, Front Office Lab, Training Restaurant, House Keeping Lab to enhance the practical knowledge of the students.
In order to improve the Catering skill of the student's, the department frequently organizes food festivals, Guest Lectures and many other similar features to meet the growing demand.
The Boom in tourism industry in India had opened new avenues in Hospitality Industry. It promises a bright future for anyone who s wishes to take up a career in this segment. This course makes one aware of every operating section of the Hotel Industry.
It Provides employment directly to millions of people & includes Government Tourism Department, Travel Agencies, Airlines, Tour Operators, Airline Catering, There are opportunities as guide & Tourism Promoters also.
Highlights and Achievements
* The department Association named CHEFSZONE.
* The department conducted a workshop on "KERALA CUISINE".
* Our students got 1st prize in R.V.S. Inter collegiate cookery competition.
* 11 students have participated state level work shop on "FLOWER ARRANGMENT" at S.M.S.College.
* Students have undergone 10 days industrial training in KMCH Hospital.
* The department organized "FOOD STALL" for Bharathiar University Volley Ball Tournament on 02.09.2006 to 06.09.2006.
* Our students had arranged "Food Court" for "EXOTICA" 07.
* A Demonstration on "INDIAN SWEETS" by Indian Halwa Specialist.
* The department Conducted "VEGETABLE CARVING" programme by Mr. Vijaykumar, Vegetable Carver on 19.01.2007.
* A demonstration on "INDIAN GRAVIES" by Mr. A.David, HOD SMS College, Perur.
* The association of department conducted one-day workshop on "vegetable and butter sculpture".
* Chief’s zone association conducted "COCKTAIL & MOCK TAIL demonstration.
* Our department students participated in the state level seminar on “recent HRD trends in hospitality industry".
* The Association of the Department had arranged a mock tail demonstration programme 'APERITIF' to the students on 10.07.2008.
* Participated and organized food court in the inter-state cultural Exhibition "OORE INDIA" at Tirupur.
* The Department had arranged a demonstration on “Easy snacks and chat preparations” for the women of self-help groups.
The deaprtment offers bachelor degree in Catering Science & Hotel Management