Course in Fine Arts (Painting) for Intermediate LevelRukmini Devi Lalit Kala Kendra
Price on request
- New delhi
The duration of the course is for three-years. Classes are mainly on Tuesdays and Fridays. Classes are taken by Mr. Nitin Majumder. Minimum age requirement is 12yrs.
The contents of the course are as follows:
BHUSHAN -I (INTERMEIDATE 1st YEAR)
History of Indian Art:
1. Pre-Historic phase, Indus-Valley-Civilization, Mauryan-Period, Sunga-Period, Kushan-Period and Gandhara-Period.
2. Patna - Company School of art.
3. Small dictation on - Mosaic-Aesthetics-Composition-Mudra-Mural-Beauty.
•Perspective & its kinds.
•Eye-level and the way it is used in Paintings
•Horizon-Its usage in Painting
•Clarify the terminology like - Vanishing Points, Foregrounds, Middle Grounds, & Back
•Small dictations on - Force-Free-hand-Rhythm.
a) Put into practice of line sketch and free-hand drawings.
b) Use of viewpoint in drawings - In landscapes, still life.
c) Sketching from items, Nature-study, Masses, Volumes & Proportions. Create solidity
by line and light and shade. (Medium- Pencil Shade, water Colors or Oil-Colors).
d) Ornamental-&-Geometrical designs
Earlier years contents are also added in this syllabus.
BHUSHAN-II ( INTERMEDIATE 2nd YEAR)
History of Indian Art
2. Ajanta, Bagh, Sittanavassal, Badami, Ellora, Elephanta-Cave Paintings.
3. Jain Branch of Painting.
• Chinese Arts, Greek Arts- Classical and Hellenistic Periods, Roman Arts.
1. Shadangas of Indian Arts.
2. Theories of imagination and Rasas.
3. Aesthetic Judgment.
a) Design: - Geometrical and Floral (Ornamental) Using ratio and proportion.
b) Easy all- over design for curtains, & corner designs for table cloth. (Medium: Poster Colors, Maximum 4 colors.)
c) Study of Colors: The Color wheel. Nature of Colors - i.e. Value, Tint, Hue,
Intensity, Tones and Shades of every color.
d) Sketching and Coloring from nature, on the spot landscaping. (Medium - Water Color; ½ Imperial sheets)
PREVIOUS YEARS SYLLABUS IS ALSO INCLUDED
BHUSHAN-III ( INTERMEDIATE LAST YEAR)
•History of Indian Art
1. Mughal-Period, Pahari-School of Art ( Guler, Kangra,etc.)
2. Western Indian Manuscripts (Palm leaf)
1. Authenticity of Indian Sculptures
2. Sculptures from Mohen Jo Daro and Harrappa.
3. Sculpture of Mauryan-period.
• History of Western Art
1. Early Christian and Byzantine Art.
2. Renaissance of Italy.
a) Antique studies: Any 2 to 3 pieces of sculptures.
(Medium: Pencil or charcoal)
b) Life Study: live sketch of a Model sitting before you. Full life size. Medium-Pencil Shadings.
c) Landscape: nature Sketchings
d) Designs: Overall designs for Sari & Curtain covers, Design for table cloths, Pillows.
Earlier years contents are also added in this syllabus