Course in Piping Design & Drafting (part time)Suvidya Institute of Technology Pvt. Ltd.
-Piping Design & Drafting Course Outlines:
This course is an intermediate piping drafting course. Today's world of engineering requires considerable experience and training in designing and drafting principles and techniques to be successful. This course has dramatically changed the skills necessary to work within an engineering environment. This course is designed to prepare students for immediate employment into industry.
* Introduction to industry.
* Role of mechanical draughtsman in various fields of industry.
* Development of drafting skills and basics of engineering drawing.
* Guidelines of various process plants and their drafting requirements.
* Basic fundamentals and concepts of piping design and drafting.
* Preparation of Isometric drawings and Bill of Material.
* Basics of plot plan development.
* Detailing of pipe rack and yard piping.
* Guidelines of equipment used in process plant.
* Development of equipment & piping layouts.
* Preparation of nozzle orientation.
* Basic study of selected manufacturing processes.
* Guidelines to preparation of as built drawings.
* Overview of international codes and standards.
* Computer Aided Drafting.
* Basic information about welding, inspection & testing.
* Interview preparation and Mock Interviews.
* To learn how to construct and complete technical drawings using CAD techniques.
* To study and apply the principles of drawing/view projection techniques, sectioning, dimensioning, and release/revision documentation practices when developing detailed plant layout drawings.
-Piping Design & Drafting Career Opportunities:
With ever increasing demands for draftsmen with design and computer backgrounds, career opportunities for this field are excellent. The students can work independently in all types of detailed engineering companies in India as well as abroad.