Course in Process EngineeringSuvidya Institute of Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Frequent Asked Questions
Diploma & Degree in Chemical Engineering
-Process Engineering Course Outlines:
Process Engineering course is unique. It begins by discussing the design of processes for desired physical and/ or chemical transformation of materials. The design starts at a conceptual level and ultimately ends in the form of fabrication and construction plans. Processes include many unit operations.
-Process Engineering Course Syllabus:
* Overview of Industry and role of Process Engineer in various fields.
* Basic design requirement based on the type of plant / project.
* Overview of Basic Engineering Package.
* Introduction to BFD, PFD, P&ID and PDS of equipments.
* Relevant Codes and Standards used in industry.
* Development of PFD: Process & Utility.
* Mass and Energy balance - Design Basis, Sample Calculations and Utility Sizing.
* Interlocks, Control Philosophy, Valve Selection and sizing, Safety valve sizing.
* Development of P&ID : Process and Utility, Line Sizing & Pressure Drop Calculations.
* Pump Selection and sizing.
* Reactor sizing.
* Heat Exchanger Design (Thermal Design).
* Distillation Column Design.
* Available soft wares used in industry and their applications.
* Use of vendor data & Checking of Vendor data.
* Overview of Piping.
* Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews.
To enhance skills of Chemical / Process engineers to explore, economically feasible and ecologically sustainable process knowhow.
-Process Engineering Course Career Opportunities:
After successful completion of the Course, students can get job in Design Consultancy, Equipment manufacturing Companies, Production Units, and Inspection & Testing.