Diploma in Banking Law and PracticeGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Economics and Business offers Diploma in Banking Law and Practice course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
PAPER-I BANKING LAW AND PRACTICE - II
LOANS AND ADVANCES
General Principles of Sound Lending – Classification of Loans and Advances – Credit Information- Secured Advances – Modes of Creating Charges. Secured Advances – Types of Securities
Letter of Credit
- Types of Letter of Credit
- Liability of the Issuing Banker
- Bank Guarantee and Letter of Credit
- Guarantee – Contract of Indemnity
- Financing Priority Sector
- Financing for Agriculture
- Ancillary Services of a Bank
- Bank Subsidiaries and Mutual Funds
- Customer Services in Banks
CONTROL AND REGULATION BANKS ADVANCE
- Credit Policy of R.B.I.
- Credit Authorisation Scheme / Credit Monitoring Arrangement
- Reserve Bank Guidelines for Follow Up of Bank Credit
DEVELOPMENT BANKING : Development banking as distinguished from Commercial Banking, Growth of Development Banking, Role of Development Banks in Economic Development.
Reserve Bank of India and its control on Commercial Banks, Impact of R.B.I.’s Policies on Operation of Commercial Banks, NABARD.
Law Relating to Banking Regulation, Bankers Bank Evidence, Recovery of Debts due to Bank and Financial Institutions.
Banking Sector Reforms in India : An Overview, Narsimhan Committee I & II Recommendations & Implementations, Cooperative Banks, Nationalised Banks, Private Sector Banks, International Banking Through Banks, Off Shore Banking. Universal Banking, Narrow Banking.